Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Sine quibus non
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Those things that simply MUST be.

No impostor can even come close. Anything else just isn’t golden syrup.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sandwich

slowoldman

zippykona

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of Heinz stuff, IMO if they make something it’s invariably the best of bunch baring some mega money artisan version (mayo not withstanding).

For a big corporate they’re pretty moral, they continually improve the ‘healthiness’ of their goods year on year without much fuss and offer a consistent, quality product at a reasonable price.

steveoath
    Free Member

Brand snobbery i reckon.

mogrim

Stoner
    Free Member

codybrennan
    Free Member

For years (when I was little), I’d always shied away from T&L syrup, as I’d seen a dead cat by a roadside one summer’s day, covered in flies.

I’d thought the lion was the same: a big dead cat. It turns out it is, but this comes from the phrase ‘Out of the strong came forth sweetness’, based on something Samson apparently did.

The idea is that its bees, feasting on a dead lion, making honey. But Golden Syrup is made from cane sugar.

so….

slowoldman

Plus there is an ancient idea that bees were created spontaneously from rotting flesh.

Anyway, Golden Syrup is brilliant and has been part of my calorie controlled diet since childhood.

matt_outandabout

Carpets – should be made predominantly or totally from things that have gone ‘baa’ in the past.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Kellogs cereal. Cadburys chocololate. Quaker porridge.

johnners
    Free Member

I don’t like the crisps but at least the packets are still the proper colours

matt_outandabout

White, no sugar.

codybrennan
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member
    Plus there is an ancient idea that bees were created spontaneously from rotting flesh.

Ah! that will be why then.

Anyway, Golden Syrup is brilliant and has been part of my calorie controlled diet since childhood.

Me too. Porridge with single cream n’ GS tomorrow morning for me. Breakfast of champignons.

igm

Ahh CFH – you’ve remindered me of another product to go on the banned list.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Those pedals could be nearly any Shimano SPDs from the last 15(?) years. They just work.

ElShalimo

matt_outandabout

Pants, boxers, trunks. M&S.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

or if you like full sus

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Sine quibus non’ is closed to new replies.