Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Simple, useful products and things that you didn't know existed…
  • ac282

The hypercraker. Great for traveling light.

AlexSimon

While I was re-stocking my shed, I remembered this thread.
    Want to add:

Pocket hole joints in general, but particularly this jig:

Expensive ish, but I managed to make 36 birch ply boxes in 2 days.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

all in one dishwasher tabs… although they probably don’t count as “didn’t know existed”

molgrips
    Free Member

The hypercraker. Great for traveling light.

When did you last have a cassette lockring come loose on a ride? For me it was about 1993.

lemonysam
    Free Member

For bakers – flexible plastic bowl scrapers. They’re so obvious but I’d never seen one until a year or so back. Great for cleaning bowls after making bread, for limiting waste when you’re making cakes and for initial mixes of sticky doughs by hand.

Plus they cost about 50p.

bearnecessities

Thread bump. Never knew these existed until 5 minutes ago, upon googling shirt tucking techniques (What?!)

Not sure how I feel about them; clearly ridiculous, but….no. No. No. I can’t.

😀

Shirt Stays – Classic in Black

sweepy
    Free Member

I don’t care how neat his shirt is, he’s going to get in trouble on the train dressed like that.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Luckily my legs seem to be held on quite well, but if they start falling off I’ll be getting me some of them ^

fasthaggis

Bear ,forget the shirt, neat socks are more important 😉

johndoh
    Free Member

Back onto bananas – has anyone done that slicing a banana whilst it’s still in it’s skin trick?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Crank bros speed lever. Tyre removal awesomeness

d45yth
    Free Member

BBSB – if that tool actually works for you, then your tyres can easily be removed by hand. If used on any tyre that is tight, the CB tool is so brittle it will snap and try to slice your hand open!

johndoh
    Free Member

I like the satisfying ‘sliiiiiide’ as I run a lever around a tyre. I don’t want a tool that takes that feeling away from me.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

@bearnecessities

My life is now complete. Christmas sorted for everyone I know :lol:.

footflaps

Snapped a couple of those CB tools – completely useless….

maccruiskeen

Never knew these existed until 5 minutes ago, upon googling shirt tucking techniques (What?!)

Brilliant invention. Socks on strings. I’m always losing my socks when I’m out and about – leaving them on buses, dropping them in the park. Nothing more sad than a lone sock on a railing waiting to reunited with its owner.

Wait a minute – I’m thinking of mittens.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Snapped a couple of those CB tools – completely useless….

really? i used one for about 3 or 4 years, no problem. only stopped using because i lost it. guess i was lucky

nickjb
    Free Member

Crank bros speed lever.

+1 for this. Have broken one so it needs work but it makes tyre removal and fitting much easier. It makes tricky tyres easy, rather than impossible tyres possible.

vickypea
    Free Member

If men wore up-to-the-knee socks, they would stay up without sock braces! 😛

Gunz
    Free Member

AlexSimon, you beat me to the Pocket Hole Jig, great bit of kit, put together a 6 foot bookcase I’d been putting off dowling and only took me an evening. I went for the Axminster one though with a full metal body and the screw packs are a lot cheaper when you come round to needing some.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/ujk-technology-pocket-hole-jig-complete-kit

aazlad
    Free Member

Milliput. This stuff has bailed me out of some DIY faux pas in recent years. At the weekend a friends little tyke decided to swing on our baby gate ripping it out of the wall complete with all the hardwear. I’ll use this stiff to fill the huge holes in the plaster screw straight into it once dry. Amazing!

http://www.milliput.com/

miketually
    Free Member

Some of you chaps need to have a look at the Unitasker Wednesday tag on Unclutterer.com

dannybgoode

Cardboard instant pannier – ace for that quick bit of grocery shopping:

wrightyson
    Free Member

Chalkline. Very very handy on site. Not many diy’ers use them but would benefit hugely from using one.

pictonroad

Just popped out to get some mould spray and discovered the HG mothership.

They appear to have have a solution for every household issue.

No mould spray though, they can’t stock it fast enough. I blame STW.

stevied
    Free Member

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Simple useful product that I’m convinced DOESN’T exist…

Waterproof cycling gloves. 👿

winston
    Free Member

Saved me buying a new track pump….

peachos
    Free Member

In a similar vein – polymorph. Used it for tonnes of stuff since I’ve had it in the house from moulding a drainpipe to take water off the greenhouse to the water butt to replacing some lost mounting parts on my commuter mudguards.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/250g-polymorph-n14at

peachos
    Free Member

Damn, could’ve done with seeing this a few weeks back!

Pembo
    Free Member

Wolf scarifier/moss remover

OK, it’s a couple of wheels on a rake but it makes it so much easier. Still needs a bit of elbow grease.

willyboy
    Free Member

You could but the HG mould spray or you could buy this instead…

Wilko is your friend

boblo
    Free Member

Fark me, STW does Lakeland…. 😀

GrahamS

Our cleaner was so impressed with the HG Mould Spray that she bought us another bottle as a thank you 😀

natrix
    Free Member

Can I just say that I’ve been using a CB tyre lever for years with great success and no breakages 8)

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Is that HG Mouldspray stuff OK for unpolished (but sealed) limestone tiles?

CountZero

(Must remember to get some mould spray in Wilco’s on Saturday) 🙂

Brilliant invention. Socks on strings. I’m always losing my socks when I’m out and about – leaving them on buses, dropping them in the park. Nothing more sad than a lone sock on a railing waiting to reunited with its owner.

Wait a minute – I’m thinking of mittens.
    Hmmm, my mum gave my g/f a pair of mittens on a ribbon as a Christmas pressy, and she was chuffed to bits with them.
    We went down to the Severn Bridge and popped into the cafe, got back into the car and she realised she didn’t have them, so went back to the cafe.
    No sign of them! To say she was crestfallen doesn’t come close. Mum was a bit cross, too.

maccruiskeen

hhhaaaaaa hhhhhaaaaa

Thats because I’ve got them

[waves at you in you gf’s stolen mittens]

[punches self in face with other hand because the ribbon is too short]

[is crest fallen]

bearnecessities

😀

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Simple, useful products and things that you didn't know existed…’ is closed to new replies.