Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Simple things to do which are just life-affirmingly ace!
  • binners

As well as the obvious 'going out on your bike'

My two girls have spent the last hour running around the back garden, laughing like drains while I hosed them down. They got me back with their water pistols obviously 🙂

Your nominations please. Stuff that just makes you grin

myheadsashed

Sat in the sun reading the newly arrived ride journal drinking tea and listening to 6 music……… 😆

tracknicko
    Free Member

riding uber steep rediculous loamy black runs in the alps at about 2mph, so damn well awesome that you are just trying to stay upright.

most fun you can have with your clothes on.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Nope, yours sounds about as good as it gets Binners (he says, eagerly awaiting Saturday's first birthday party for his two girls).

🙂

woody2000

Reading on the bog 🙂

yossarian
    Free Member

Taking my 3 year old out on his bike. He only learnt to ride a couple of weeks back and is right on it 🙂

brassneck

Lighting a campfire without matches – although just 1 match is very close too.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Spending a sunny afternoon in the local park by the Thames with a very large group of parents and kids, having a BBQ, getting nicely tipsy and watching the kids going nuts and having fun.

ourmaninthenorth

Summer evening. Ale. English country pub.

Lying down in the park staring at the sky.

Jumping in puddles.

Kiss-chase.

organic355
    Free Member

Watching my cat chase its tail, never fails to make me chuckle!!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Cake

————-End of Thread————-

MrWoppit
    Free Member

hopster
    Free Member

Lying in the Sunshine in Ashton Court looking over Bristol thinking how lucky we are to have wicked riding on our door step.

corroded
    Free Member

Had my 2yr old nephew over yesterday. He picked up hose pipe and, with it pointing at his face, squeezed… I tried to warn him, really.

DT78
    Free Member

Leaving work at 4.30pm, being in woods by 5pm, seeing wild deer.

Dunno why but makes me very happy at the moment !

tonyd

Leaving work early on a Friday afternoon after taking a long lunch in a pub beer garden!

Bunnyhop

Watching all my newly planted vegetables spring to life and produce – produce. Yummy.

nedrapier

surfing this weekend! that should do it!

Leaving the office and smelling the outside is good too. 😐

marsdenman
    Free Member

Last evening…

Planned a ride with a mate.
    Get home to find i'm locked out – Mrs out, had left key in the door….
    Thought #1 – bAllcocks!
    Thought #2 – could be worse, suns out, pubs open… 😉

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

cetacean watching

you look for whales and dolphins – find a nice place, quite high up with a good sea view. Gaze out to sea for an hour or so. record any whale/dolphin/porpoise activity you see. drink some tea. eat some biscuits. chat to some folk.
    Go somewhere else, do it again, if you can be bothered.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

My two girls have spent the last hour running around the back garden, laughing like drains while I hosed them down. They got me back with their water pistols obviously

Just had similar – my 20 month old boy playing in the paddling pool with a friend of his – much laughing and splashing! Love spending time with our little one.

Ned – hate to say it but the swell needs to do a LOT of picking up – it went from this yesterday morning (at 8am – took it just as I got out):

to almost flat this morning!

ken_shields
    Free Member

Going bowling with my daughter this afternoon and seeing the look on her face when she got a strike to draw level in the 9th frame of the third game (it was 1 round each at that point) and then getting another strike in the 10th to beat me for the first time in ages

v cool 😆

therealhoops
    Free Member

Blue Bell Knoll by the Cocteau Twins while eating me lunch by the river in Vernon Park. Lat 53deg 24'42.76"N Long 2deg08'17.55"W

Cougar

Reading on the bog

… at work, thus being paid to do so.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

A really good dump.

Splitting a big **** off log with one strike of an axe.

A feet up 2-wheel drift.

Apple crumble and custard.

Actually, come to think of it – just the custard will do.

Riding into the bar after some utterly nuts alpine descent and the first mouthful of ice cold beer.

fadda

My 4 year old getting me to bounce on his big trampoline, while he sits on it.

Tim
    Free Member

JonEdwards – Member

A feet up 2-wheel drift.

^^ This ^^

awesome feeling when you (occasionally) get it right 🙂

BBQ and beers on a nice evening after a day in the sun.

iDave
    Free Member

wearing flip flops

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

after that, I'd remove going for a bike ride from the list

iDave
    Free Member

after that, I'd remove going for a bike ride living down south from the list

fixed that for you

anagallis_arvensis

ace, check, simple for sure

[video src="http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb221/anagallis_arvensis/puppy/?action=view&current=P1000400.flv" /]

DarrenH

(bad to admit!) babies put to bed, open a bottle of red

MoreCashThanDash

Just a few over the last week:

Discovering Koppaberg (sp?) Pear Cider while camping on a warm evening

Cycling home from work after a sh1t day with a tail wind and having numerous near crashes as the warm weather has made all the PYTs dress all skimpy

Seeing the first goslings of the year on the canal outside the office on a lunch time stroll

The look of complete and utter involvement, happiness and joy as my 3 year old daughter held a duckling in her hands for the first time

Seeing the look of surprise and pride as my 6 year old managed something in an adventure playground he didn't think he could do

nedrapier

surf_mat, it turned out nicely, hey? Waist-chest high and clean at Woolacoombe.

Good sessions Saturday morning and afternoon, and Sunday morning. Got a bit windy on Sunday afternoon, but we were lunching and leaving by then. T'was a pretty lucky and well-timed trip!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Ned – it was flipping great! The week's surfs so far…

Monday am – chunkyish, cleanish
    Monday pm – picked up, cleaner
    Wed am – properly big, slightly onshore
    Thurs am – head high, super clean, got too windy offshore eventually but genuinely epic early on
    Thurs pm – dropped a lot but super hollow
    Sat am – very light cross onshores, picked right back up again, utterly classic

And still plenty of fab time with the little boy, the wife and the dog. Best week in years!

Bregante

Riding into the bar after some utterly nuts alpine descent and the first mouthful of ice cold beer.

Yep. that does it for me – make mine a Monaco 8)
    http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink5419.html

[longs for last years hols – no **** chance of a repeat for the next few years 🙁 ]

ton

rolling out of the airport/trainstation with a select group of mates, and nothing to think about but riding and drinking beer for a week………..

roll on september………… 8)

ooOOoo
    Free Member

+1 for a big dump

Grimy
    Free Member

Getting into a warm bed in the middle of winter at 7am in the morning after a long day and an even longer night shift, spooning with my fiancee and listening to the rain batter down outside, absolutly knackered and just so very greatfull for a roof over my head and a Bed.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Having a brilliant day ride and realising that my bike is perfect, then hearing a late cuckoo, just when I thought I'd exit spring 2010 without hearing one…

Edit: PS – having the best roast dinner you can remember ever having, after cooking it yourself.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Simple things to do which are just life-affirmingly ace!’ is closed to new replies.