Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Simple MP3 player for man with dementia and hearing aids.
  • neilwheel
    Free Member

Hello, looking for help with the above. Have had a trawl without much luck so far.

My father has rapidly progressing dementia and is in a constant state of confusion and anxiety.

I’m hoping to find a very simple to use machine that does nothing more than play and search for tracks.
    My father is a pre-luddite, I don’t think he has ever touched a keyboard on a computer, so anything that goes into multiple screens will be too much for him to use.

If anyone has a recommendation, it would be much appreciated.

He also has hearing aids, standard NHS issue, Danalogic Ifit 71. Are the shoes to plug and play an external device a faff to use, is it possible to use standard ear buds instead?

Thanks, Neil.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Bumpity bump.

project
    Free Member

Got one of these, cheap easy to use few buttons, and it works well.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9291803.htm

neilwheel
    Free Member

Thanks Project.

project
    Free Member

and to make it easier to use, stick one of those nipples on the centre play button, you should be able to get some from RNIB shops or disability aids shops

neilwheel
    Free Member

I’ll probably have to make some labels to stick on the buttons. The standard symbols no longer have any meaning to him.
    Thanks again, that looks like the right tool for the job.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Simple MP3 player for man with dementia and hearing aids.’ is closed to new replies.