Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Simple is as Simples does.
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

like convincing someone that one football team from a city that plays in red shirts is in some way superior to another football team from the same city that plays in blue shirts

Well this is actually borne out in reality. Manchester, Liverpool, London, Milan. To name just a few. Red is statistically a more successful colour in football.

flip
    Free Member

To me, those involved in creating this campaign, and making it work, are as deserving of accolades as film-makers, musicians, and any other creative types. Why not, just because a work is in the commercial realm rather than being presented as ‘art’?

+1, very clever campaign. When it first started i thought it was a bit naff but as it’s gone on i’m in total awe at it’s cleverisness.

DezB
    Free Member

Still can’t believe you can get so enthused about a tv ad. Far as I’m concerned ads are there to be ignored or skipped over on Sky+
    Far from genius, it’s just someone doing their job properly.
    Since when has popularity with the great British Sun reading public been a sign of genius?

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

It is clever and creative and in financial terms has been very successful. And “simples” will not last forever anymore than the “wasuuuppp” already mentioned did.

Compare it with some of the really dire ads around – the Halifax Radio ad for instance.

I use sky+ most of the time to screen ads – but the CTM ones are one of the few I choose to watch.

kaesae
    Free Member

HAHAHAAAAAAA! 😯

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Far as I’m concerned ads are there to be ignored or skipped over on Sky+
    Far from genius, it’s just someone doing their job properly.

No you see you don’t understand; ads have become an artform in their own right. In fact, some are even better than the programmes they interrupt.

Here is an example of true beauty:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDBG9VEHuK8[/video]

duntmatter
    Free Member

Didn’t read the thread. Might do on Sunday.

puns and a hilariously skilful mangling of the English language

= NO.

The content of the ad is irrelevant, it’s just the carrier for the hook which generates the emotional response you’re then supposed to attach to the brand you’re shown.

Like Bill Hicks said, if you work in advertising or marketing, kill yourself. Seriously.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo[/video]

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’d love to work in advertising.

Can you imagine, the satisfaction and pleasure you could have, getting people to buy whatever product you’ve promoted?

Buy my new thing, it is good and will enhance your life.

And where is Monsieur Hicks now, pray tell? Hmm?

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Simple is as Simples does.’ is closed to new replies.