Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Simoncelli
  • rockhopper70

I mean’t the last time we might have seen Rossi riding in anger……

mrblobby
    Free Member

Rossi and Edwards will both be back racing next year, just like DeAngelis and Redding in Moto2. Can’t imagine what it must be like for them now, but they will be back. Racing bikes is what they do and have done since they were kids.

rossi46
    Free Member

I am really sad today, super sic was just on the verge of winning.

The GP paddock is going to be a poorer place without him.

RIP

jools182
    Free Member

Savage crash

It’s always sickening to see a helmet flying across the track

I remember seeing a guy flip a formula Ford and his helmet ended up on the track

R.I.P. Simoncelli

PrinceJohn

As someone earlier noted, the pictures on the daily fail website are really out of order. I have complained to the press complaints commission, I would urge you to do the same.

R.I.P. Simoncelli

hora
    Free Member

Looking at the footage again he was already slumped/fallen off and pointing downwards as the bike veered back right into the path of Edwards/Rossi – if he was trying to regain control he’d have his head upwards/in shot. It looks to me as though he’d had a heart attack (or passed out?) before the collision and the collision masked the first event.

TheFlyingOx

I dunno… I reckon the g-force involved in a rather sudden right turn at 100mph would be enough to bend your head down.

donsimon
    Free Member

As someone earlier noted, the pictures on the daily fail website are really out of order. I have complained to the press complaints commission, I would urge you to do the same.

I think it should also be noted that the vast majority of the news sites I’ve seen have been very respectful.

br
    Free Member

Horo – have you ever actually ridden a m/c, because the stupidity of your comment implies not!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Please don’t turn this into an argument.

hora
    Free Member

Please don’t turn this into an argument.

+1 RIP.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Still in shock from this. Still doesnt feel real. One of the sports great characters taken from us far too soon.
    Ignore the media and remember him for what he did best:

Give em hell on the big race track in the sky sideshow bob. RIP Marco MS58!!!!

Kato

Looking at the footage again he was already slumped/fallen off and pointing downwards as the bike veered back right into the path of Edwards/Rossi – if he was trying to regain control he’d have his head upwards/in shot. It looks to me as though he’d had a heart attack (or passed out?) before the collision and the collision masked the first event.

There’s onboard footage from the bike behind him. He’s lost the back end on the kerb and got way off the bike to save dropping it as it’s slid out. It seems the tyres then gripped and put him back across the track

flange
    Free Member

Can’t put into words how this has left me feeling. Didn’t know the bloke personally but feel totally gutted about the whole thing. Was the one to watch in Moto GP, he was an old school rider who didn’t mind bashing bars and putting a move on someone.

The pictures on the Daily Mail are disgusting, they should be removed out of respect.

Hora, shut up – you don’t know what you’re on about.

RIP Marco

rossi46
    Free Member

+1 on removing pics on the Daily Fail.

Thoughts also have to go with Rossi and Colin Edwards too- especially Colin, imagine picking yourself up and turning round to see that carnage.
    And Rossi, who considered Simoncelli as a little brother.

They must feel utterly sick.

Like Shoya Tomizawas accident last year, this was a completely freak accident. Ive never seen a crash that seems to defy the laws of gravity and here we have had two! Fate works in some seriously screwed up ways…..

v8ninety

Damn shame, RIP. thoughts for those left behind.

For those starting to discuss the mechanics of the incident; take a step back and think about how that is any different from what the Daily Fail has done. A little respect is probably due.

Leave it to the Coroner, it’s not our place.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Like others have said, I feel completely numb at what has happened. He made MotoGP worth watching. Loved the aggressive nature of his riding.

Really feel for those who were close to him.

RIP sic #58.

JPcapel
    Free Member

Has been my fav. rider for this season, with my usual loyalty to Rossi starting to slip. Was at Silverstone this year.
    Last weekend he got 2nd place at Philip Island, his best position of this season. He did seemed to be getting tider as a rider which is what he needed to then be a serious contender.
    crash.net has some nice messages from fellow riders which are sobering to read.
    Complete bummer, beyond words.
    I was waiting for a 1st place on the part of Sic before end of this season……crying shame wont see this happen now.

mrblobby
    Free Member

There’s a nice article by Toby Moody on Macro here. Very sad indeed. Still can’t quite believe it.

JPcapel
    Free Member

Agree, excellent article written by Moody. Somehow finds the right words.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Am I alone in thinking that whatever had happened to him had actually happened before he was hit by Rossi and Edwards? Doesn’t seem to me like he fell in the usual high speed corner loss of control kind of a way. The bike was still upright and travelling.

Whatever the reason. Terribly grim day for family and fans.

cupra
    Free Member

That Moody article is very good, hits the right tone IMHO. With regard as to what happended I’m sure we will hear in due course.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Am I alone in thinking that whatever had happened to him had actually happened before he was hit by Rossi and Edwards? Doesn’t seem to me like he fell in the usual high speed corner loss of control kind of a way. The bike was still upright and travelling.

Direct lift from today’s Times article…’Simoncelli’s crash was a “low side”, one that he almost saved. It was his courageous attempt to avoid the crash that led to disaster. Being the tallest man in the field, it was easiest for him to jam his knee into the ground to try to avert the crash and lever the bike towards vertical again. He almost made it. On a tripod comprising his two wheels and one knee, the bike steered right, taking him back across the track…..’. In contrast to the usual result of both bike and rider sliding off the outside of the track.

bellerophon
    Free Member

mrblobby, many thanks for that link, perfectly espressed sentiment.

nickf
    Free Member

Like Shoya Tomizawas accident last year, this was a completely freak accident. Ive never seen a crash that seems to defy the laws of gravity and here we have had two! Fate works in some seriously screwed up ways…..

I’ve seen something very similar to that at Cadwell, with similarly grim consequences, though in that case it was the guy’s own machine that caused the fatality rather than another rider.

I gave up trackdays after that.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Nice article by Kevin Schwantz, who was close friends with Marco.

firestarter
    Free Member

RIP super sic

weeksy

One of the KTM forum lads has knocked up some Simoncelli decals with the proceeds going to charity

Crispy Designs Shop – Crispy Designs Crispy Parts

beanie
    Free Member

All ready have mine on order form the ktm site, top idea that.
    I meet the man him self for the weekend at brno last year and he was a very nice guy. RIP #58

rossi46
    Free Member

One of the KTM forum lads has knocked up some Simoncelli decals with the proceeds going to charity

Im having some of those!

Nice to see F1’s tributes to Marco and Dan Wheldon this weekend. Jarno Trulli’s wearing Marcos helmet aswell. Top lad.

bellerophon
    Free Member

Defo getting some of those, cheers for the link

rossi46
    Free Member

Rumour has it there will be one minute of noise in Marco’s honour at Valencia.
    Very fitting! Id like to see his Beemer doing doughnuts on the grid too, maybe driven by Kevin Schwantz. That would be a proper send off….

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Simoncelli’ is closed to new replies.