Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Simoncelli takes out…….
  • rossi46
    Free Member

Place your bets here- im going to assume that Marco Simoncelli will be on the front row again this weekend.
    Who’s he going to crash into this week then???

He already has won the ‘Spanner of the year’ award!

binners

you?

rossi46
    Free Member

you?

Hahaha, he wont be able to- i’ll use my Jedi mind tricks on him!
    Think i’ll chuck him into Casey this week…..

5thElefant
    Free Member

He hasn’t taken out Stoner yet. Rossi did though so maybe he’ll get let off.

Crell
    Free Member

It all turned nasty in yesterday’s press conference with Dani, Marco & Puig all slagging each other off apparently.

It’s an Italian round – Sic will win in glorious style with daring overtaking and flair. Dani & Lorenzo will get booed out of the circuit etc etc. (this will be as accurate as my prior predictions).

Recording FP on Sky today so should be worth a watch later for any handbags.

rossi46
    Free Member

I actually think Simo might have a double or triple score this time and take down two or three other riders instead of just the one!

rossi46
    Free Member

It all turned nasty in yesterday’s press conference with Dani, Marco & Puig all slagging each other off apparently

It’s going to be an exciting one- you cant beat having a bunch riders who hate each other. It makes for great (if rather death defying) racing!
    Bring on the weekend!

Arcticdan
    Free Member

rossi46 – ‘Spanner of the year award’, really? He’s one of the few exciting riders in GP at the moment! Cal when he gets his eye in will start to mix it up and Rossi of course when he gets the duke sorted.

I think GP has gone off the boil a bit, the racing is a bit more of a precession these days, what with so few bikes and Honda going all out to get an 800 title. Marco brings a bit of ‘proper motorbike racing’ into the mix….

But, I’d love to see him take out Stoner! Little Aussie whinner…. just moans about everything and everyone….

Moe

Maybe Simmo will take out someone in the dash to the first corner?!

rossi46
    Free Member

Dani Pedrosa Hair comment This made me laugh- as if Dani’s never been involved in a collision before! Funny though.
    [/quote]‘Spanner of the year award’, really? He’s one of the few exciting riders in GP at the moment!

– yes you are right, i should take back the spanner comment and replace it with ‘years most unfortunate rider’. He does spice it all up a bit dosent he- and i really want him to get it right and win one.
    I still remember his move on Max Biaggi at Imola (i think) in last years rookie ride on a factory WSB Aprilia. Gutsy and very nearly ended in disaster.

Cal is going to win one day, and i shall carry on shouting at my telly till he does! He’s a class act….

Reluctant
    Free Member

I’d take “spanner of the year” to mean spanner as in “spanner in the works” – which he has been. I agree he’s an exciting racer to watch and I am a fan – he’ll be fine once he learns to stay on the bike.

Does anyone else think Moto 2 has been more fun so far this year? It’s a very high quality field, a huge starting grid and close racing.

rossi46
    Free Member

Does anyone else think Moto 2 has been more fun so far this year? It’s a very high quality field, a huge starting grid and close racing

Oh yes- fantastic stuff. Go Bradders and Scotty!

Moe

+1 for Moto2

Rickos
    Free Member

Toby or Julian off Eurospurt accused Simonceli of being thick last week. Made me laugh. He does come across as being a bit of a tool with his attitude towards other riders and the potential for knocking them off with dodgy manoevres that dares the other rider to get out of the way or take them both down.

Agree that MotoGP has lost a bit of spark this year. There doesn’t seem to be any race long duels for some reason anymore.

Moe

Surely if the riders themselves are saying the elecronics must go the rule makers should listen?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Big engines again next year.. woohooo back to real bikes again..

epicyclo

Arcticdan – Member
    …I’d love to see him take out Stoner! Little Aussie whinner…. just moans about everything and everyone….

The little Aussie whiner was winning races last year on a bike that even the great Rossi has difficulty getting anywhere near a podium.

billysugger
    Free Member

Not mad keen on Stoner as a personality it always looks like work to him when the rest of the paddock look like they’d do it for free for the love of it but…..people will look at the knife-edge riding of Casey on that dog of a bike in years to come and realise they didn’t give him the recognition he deserved.

Crell
    Free Member

“Toby or Julian off Eurospurt accused Simonceli of being thick last week.”

[quote]

Ironic that as I was accusing them of being the same – or at least blind to the action; yapping amongst themselves whilst Ryder repeated some crap story / “joke” he’d been harping on about in every session. Moody did eventually tell him to shut up though which was a saving grace.
    I was “pointing out” to the TV how could they fail to miss the progress Crutchlow made at the start (though at least they apologised – they must have been abused on twitter).

As for Moto2 being better than Moto GP – it’s always been the case since the class started , as were many 250 races (and 125s). The fact there are 3 Brits in Moto 2 and 4 in 125’s makes it all the better.

The simple problem with motoGP is there are too few riders on competitive packages, and the gap from the fastest to slowest is astronomical. I think I read that a number (3 or 6) of the moto 2 riders were setting faster times than the GP boys? Sounds bonkers if that’s the case – though that may have been due to rain at Silverstone & le Mans.

Stoner whines but he’s brilliant. Just watch how far he gets off the bike out of a corner (he gives Elias a run for his money). Amazing style about him.

Anyway, Sic to win, and poke fun at pedrosa hopefully. I really would like to see the press conference if it’s Sic, Dani , Lorenzo / Stoner / Dovi on Sunday. Comedy gold potential.

rossi46
    Free Member

Pedrosa needs to be taken down a peg or two, he is a great rider, but he is too fragile for bike racing. And yes if Simoncelli wins with Pedro on the same podium, that will be great to watch!
    Stoner has amazing bike skills- every race without fail he will get that rear tyre sliding and it is a treat to watch. But he really needs to work on his people skills, and mocking Rossi when he went to apologise made him look like a child.

Next year we will have proper bikes again- hopefully the riders will be listened to and electronics will be less of a factor for the future.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Simoncelli takes out….
    Life insurance. Well, he should do the way he rides. 😀

singlecrack
    Free Member

I think Simo is prob more likely to be the fifth alien when he get’s it together. rather than anyone else (Spies)etc

Maybe Mugello is the one…..fingers crossed.. 😐

M6TTF
    Free Member

Stoner is sooh boring, his wife’s bang tidy though 🙂

Crell
    Free Member

I reckon he’s there with the aliens already, he certainly has the pace, though the important “staying on” part is proving difficult.

I just skimmed through today’s FP2. Sic and Vale got huge cheers (particularly Vale). Dani and Lorenzo were whistled at like crazy, though they did seem to whistle at everyone else to some degree. Lorenzo was pretty funny though smiling and waving back at them. There’s nothing like a bit of partisan support to whip it up.

rossi46
    Free Member

Stoner is sooh boring, his wife’s bang tidy though

She sure is 😛

Dani and Lorenzo were whistled at like crazy,

Think they better look out for beer cans etc on Sunday LOL

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I agree with crell,the 800’s & before that 1000’s, rarely equalled the 125 & 250 races for entertainment.Anyone remember the battles with Simo/Dovi/ Lorenzo & pantomime villain Barbera in the 250 class,or the Passini & Barbera incident(s) at Mugello the other year?Proper racing & entertainment.
    Best class in the last two seasons,the 600’s, all running the same control engines & minimal electronics.Next years 1000 class will still be compromised by the electronics..
    As for Simoncelli I think he’s the next “alien” he’s both fast & entertaining he’s just got to rein in his enthusiasm a little.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Simoncelli takes out…….’ is closed to new replies.