Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Simon Barnes: How's he doing?
  • SaxonRider

Anyone know? He came to mind because of another thread on here, and I realise that it has been some time since his rather serious stay in hospital.

iainc

I have wondered this too. Hope he is OK ?

hora
    Free Member

Ditto

clunker

instagram account looks ok

plumber
    Free Member

I’ve heard nothing good for a while.

I hope hes getting better

SaxonRider

Bump for the morning coffee crowd.

IHN

D or F?

SaxonRider

‘f’

crazy-legs

instagram account looks ok

That’ll be Simon D Barnes, the one who works in a bike shop in Altrincham and has a big beard. He’s fine.

simonfbarnes – no idea, I’ve not heard anything from him or via his FB page in ages.

There’s this thread: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/man-down-

ton

I was talking to a young lady who rides with the boggies occasionally, she seemed to think that Simon was now in a nursing home. I am not sure if this is correct tho.

best wishes to him whatever.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Wherever he may be, I do hope he’s continuing to look at ladies bums.

hora
    Free Member

she seemed to think that Simon was now in a nursing home.

I bloody hope not 🙁

iainc

that’s awfully sad if it’s true 🙁

Always enjoyed his alternative take on things although never met the man.

globalti
    Free Member

I’ll check with a pal who might know. Back later.

globalti
    Free Member

It’s terrible news; don’t know the details but my buddy says Simon is in a bad place and needing a lot of support.

nemesis
    Free Member

That is crap news 🙁

allthepies
    Free Member

😕

Pigface
    Free Member

🙁 sorry to hear that

crazy-legs

It’s terrible news; don’t know the details but my buddy says Simon is in a bad place and needing a lot of support.

🙁

Where is he?
    Last time I was in Lancaster I passed by his house but it showed no sign of recent use.

globalti
    Free Member

My pal thinks he’s in some kind of care home. Why don’t you mail Boggies?

wwaswas

I’m sorry to hear he’s not doing well.

Gary_M
    Free Member

That’s really terrible news. Don’t know what to say other than I hope things improve for Simon.

jamj1974

If that is the case ,is there anything we (the STW Massive) can do for or on behalf of him…?

Obviously his mates are likely to be keeping an eye on him – but I was thinking of us as a wider collective.

Any thoughts?

SaxonRider

jamj1974 – Member
    If that is the case ,is there anything we (the STW Massive) can do for or on behalf of him…?

Obviously his mates are likely to be keeping an eye on him – but I was thinking of us as a wider collective.

Any thoughts?

Exactly what I was going to ask. I only know the guy from here, but think that everyone deserves support, and to be reminded of the fact that others are thinking about them.

If there was anything we could do for Simon – perhaps by finding him and visiting – it would be good.

Does he have a wife/family? Do they need support?

globalti
    Free Member

The club secretary is Paul on [redacted]

SaxonRider

So he doesn’t get bombarded with emails, I will contact Paul on all our behalf and let you know what’s up.

qwerty
    Free Member

This is what makes STW a nice place to visit.

Cougar

I’ve removed his email address, hope that’s ok.

iainc

I would be very happy to support any venture to assist him, properly decent guy and sad turn of events 🙁

globalti
    Free Member

A guy in my old mountain bike club had a stroke and lost the use of his right arm. He’s recovering slowly at home now and we’ve all been to see him from time to time but he’s pretty depressed. I guess it’s in the months after hospital when you are at home convalescing that the loneliness and self-doubt must set in.

Esme
    Free Member

I don’t know whether there’s anything we can do at this stage to support Simon, or his family.

But I would really like to see more people doing first aid courses. Not just basic workplace courses, but proper outdoor first aid, where an ambulance won’t turn up in 5 minutes. Something like the REC course.

Then if something similar happens to one of our mates, we’ll know exactly what to do.

Edit: I’m not implying Simon’s companions didn’t do all the correct things. I’m told that on both occasions, Simon was lucky enough to have professionally-trained first aiders riding with him.

allthepies
    Free Member

Plus, as I’ve mentioned previously, St Johns Ambulance have a free phone app which contains details of what do do in certain emergency situations e.g. CPR technique. It’s all self contained, you don’t need a mobile signal to use it.

Apple

Android

nbt

thanks, pies. Downloaded and installed. hoping things are looking up for simon

IHN

I’m told that on both occasions, Simon was lucky enough to have professionally-trained first aiders riding with him.

eh? what happened?

Anyway, thoughts to him and his family.

loddrik
    Free Member

Plus, as I’ve mentioned previously, St Johns Ambulance have a free phone app which contains details of what do do in certain emergency situations e.g. CPR technique. It’s all self contained, you don’t need a mobile signal to use it.
    Apple

Android

Great shout! Now on my phone.

dirtyrider
    Free Member
    tang
    Free Member

All the best Simon.

SaxonRider

cougar or globalti, can you send me Paul’s email? For my contact, click on my username.

It got removed before I had a chance to record it so I could contact him.

Cougar

I’ve messaged you already, check your email.

pennine
    Free Member

….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Simon Barnes: How's he doing?’ is closed to new replies.