Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Sim only deals question.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Daughter and son out of contract and I was looking to put them both on month rolling deals with plus net. Once you sign up to one does it stay the same each month goinf forward or do you need to keep changing deal each month, if that makes sense.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

No idea but I’ve just taken out a sim only deal with EE. 1000 mins of calls & 2000 texts (or vice versa, can’t remember) + 1.5gb data (which I hardly use).
    £6 a month for as long as I want.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

That’s not a great deal !

bighairydel

I’m with plus net on a sim only deal. 5gb data and unlimited calls and texts for £10 a month. It stays the same each month, no need to do anything. Plus you can cancel anytime you want as well. Not had any complaints.

cannyj
    Free Member

What’s good out there on sim only Funky? Looking for my lads at the moment

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

That’s not a good deal !

Can you find me one then please?

nickjb
    Free Member

Once you sign up to one does it stay the same each month goinf forward or do you need to keep changing deal each month, if that makes sense.

Normally you pick a tariff then it keeps rolling. You can change tariff every month if you like, I normally switch mine to a higher data amount if I’m going on holiday that month then switch back when I get home. If you do nothing you get the same deal next month and so on. All very simple, well it was with giffgaff, slightly fiddly to swap tariff now I’m on ID but only £5 a month

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I’m with Plusnet on a £6 deal. I think it is 1000 mins, ultd texts and 1.5Gb data. I would be pleasantly surprised if FunkyDunc pointed me to a better deal.

Kryton57

I’m with plus net on a sim only deal. 5gb data and unlimited calls and texts for £10 a month. It stays the same each month, no need to do anything. Plus you can cancel anytime you want as well. Not had any complaints.

Same here. Plusnet allowances are used in Europe also as if you were in the UK. Also, if one of us refers you you’ll get a discount on the monthly tariff as will we – ill be happy to oblige… 🙂

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Plusnet here too, no problems. I vowed never to have a fixed contract after 2years of hassle with a previous supplier and works for me. Also the Plusnet mobile help is as good as the broadband help.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Tsall about the data with a 12 and 15 year old. Use u switch for the best deals. Impartial and scour all the usual suspects once you sort the search filters.

househusband

On EE with 4GB a month for £8.99 SIM only. Pretty much limitless texts and minutes a month – a thousand of each? Not that I use them as all I use is data and perhaps an hour a month of calls!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Who is your broadband with? They might do a SIM only option for existing customers.

I’m with plusnet. Think I’m on 1000 minutes and 4GB but it’s double data when I get around to sorting out the mates rates offer that doubles the data (not that I’d use it).

Edit: oh yeah, £7.

molgrips
    Free Member

EE here. The lower data sim only deals weren’t as cheap as I’d hoped, and it was only a little extra for more data. I ended up with 20Gb for £18 and then they gave me an extra 5Gb for being a broadband customer!

That much data is occasionally useful, e.g. on holiday, and currently because someone has nicked the cables from our phone exchange so broadband is down!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Meanwhile back at the ranch, FunkyDunk was lying low.

Someone sawed the legs off his bed!

& me & Troutwrestler are still waiting for a better deal! 😆

dooosuk
    Free Member

6GB Data + unlimited texts, unlimited calls for £8.50/mth?

Small hassle of attaching a pdf copy of your bill to a website to claim cashback though.

https://www.mobiles.co.uk/vodafone-pay-monthly-sim-card?tariffcode=VL2VMNOV17&giftcode=DPLR1626141&sort=monthly_cost_asc&filter_tariff_data%5B0%5D=%3E%3D3000%2C-1

wrightyson
    Free Member

Got to be a month rolling as both phones are out of contract and if one packs up I can just sign them up to a new deal with an included phone. Happy to go Plusnet with a referral from one of you guys above.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Check with your provider first.

Inspired by this thread I rang Vodafone to go sim only. Didnt accept first deals they gave me… Told them about plusnet and they’d have to do better … “let me talk to my manager” … came back with 500 mins/unlimited text and 5gb of data for £10.50 … starts at 12 tonight job done.

bensales
    Free Member

Try Giffgaff.

I used the £10 per month deal…

https://www.giffgaff.com/sim-only-plans

Kryton57

The other thing with plus net is you get to swap your plan on an “existing customer ” deal without penalty.

For example, the 5GB deal isn’t there at the moment, but on the website if you press the “existing customer” button you’ll see several tariffs on offer to you with double-data.

Earl
    Free Member

marked for later.

tomhoward

I’m pretty happy with mine, unlimited calls and texts, 20gb data, £20 a month on O2

alpin
    Free Member

Over the summer I got £15/month for 8gb and thousands of minutes & text with EE.

Shame as I’m not often back in the UK.

Each time I road it with 15 quid it automatically renews for four weeks.

Jamie
    Free Member
    Kryton57

If you go to money supermarket and filter for plusnet SIM only they have an offer for unlimited calls and texts with 4GB data -£9

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Sim only deals question.’ is closed to new replies.