Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • silly question – tubeless
  • aw
    Free Member

This may seem a silly question but how do you pump up a tuneless tyre?

I bought a bike 2nd hand and it has tubeless. I haven't got a clue about tuneless as I never had them before.

After two months of trouble free riding I noticed the rear tyre is nearly flat. I went to unscrew the little knurled thing on the Presta valve but it was stuck fast. I put a pair of pliers to it and it still would not budge and then I got to thinking – there is no tube on the other end of this valve? So if I do unscrew it do I pump up as normal or what?

Please help 😉

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Yes pump up as normal but you will need to free up the valve first – might need to use a track pump too if it's fully flat

uplink
    Free Member

The little nut is just stuck – it's the same as a tube to inflate

aw
    Free Member

Thanks guys – I will try to get it free and pump it up 😉

spooky_b329

The valve might have a removeable core, if the little top nut is tight you might well end up undoing the removable part. I found this last month, ended up holding my thumb over the valve to stop sealant spraying up the wall whilst shouting for my gf to come and look for the valve core which had flown across the room 🙂

RoterStern
    Free Member

If the rear tire is nearly flat I would put some sealant in there as it sounds like you have got a puncture. As someone mentioned undo the valve core and pour some sealant through it. Redo and pump as usual. The sealant should seal up the holes if they are not too big.

spooky_b329

You can also unseat the tyre to add sealant, but do a little reading up on how tubeless works…you'll need a bit of luck using a minipump to reseat the tyre, better is a trackpump.

RoterStern
    Free Member

you'll need a bit of luck using a minipump to reseat the tyre, better is a trackpump.

Or better still a compressor.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘silly question – tubeless’ is closed to new replies.