Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Silly Handbag commute fight this morning
  • hora
    Free Member

Green traffic lights, car in right lane indicating to turn right and a lad in a Beemer decides he can squeeze between me and the turning car at speed. 300m’s down the road he slams on hangs left into his works carpark.

Que me turning up alittle angry with him. Conversation ensues:
    Me asking why he did that.
    Him- ‘is there any CCTV evidence? No’
    Me – ‘Get out of the car, lets have a fight’ (why did I chose these exact words?!)
    Him- ‘No’
    Me- ‘I know where you work now, be very careful’
    Sheesh.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Idiots, both of you.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Me – ‘Get out of the car, lets have a fight’ (why did I chose these words?)

You really are a pillock Hora.

Pauly

You are a bad mo’fo. You own the streets!

It is annoying, and I rise to the bait myself sometimes, but I try to look on it that inconsiderate car drivers are sharpening my trail skills.

hora
    Free Member

He saw the gap and went for it, if it had gone wrong who do you think would have a slight dent on his rear door/quarter and who do you think would have had no jaw left? I think he got off lightly. Unlike some on here I wasnt exactly going to start kicking his car to make him get out!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Cock

Both of you

Mister-P
    Free Member

I think you are actually quite proud of yourself and were looking for validation of your actions by posting this.

BigDummy
    Free Member

It makes me horny when you talk mean.

hora
    Free Member

No I actually think its amusing and v.handbags. After all your never going to post something that involved violence or criminal damage on a public forum are you? 🙄

BigDummy,
    I really love listening to your little piss ant soldiers trying to talk tough. They make me laugh. If Matrix was here, he’d laugh too

Gary_M
    Free Member

Were you on the way to school when it happened?

enfht
    Free Member

The irony here is that there was probaly CCTV where you would have fought and you’d have got the blame.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

I would have just got out of my Lexus and chinned you!

hora
    Free Member

The irony here is that there was probaly CCTV where you would have fought and you’d have got the blame.

Thats a very good point.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

hora you are a tool!!

even i wouldnt start a fight with a nobber, let it be dont let these idiots wind you up!!!!

shinsplints

Hilarious.

Olly
    Free Member

tee hee,
    you plonker hora.

i ran into a chap yesterday who

“wasnt bothered about the cctv mate yeah mate yeah, give me some money or im gonna follow you around the corner and then take it off my anyway and what are you gonna do i i do that yeah, im mental mate yeah”

i offered to hold his hand as I walked, he followed, around the back of the building so he wouldnt get lost on the way.

he got very angry very quickly, but didnt follow me anymore.

HA, ****.

Gary_M
    Free Member

If I had your attitude hora I would have been involved in around 6 fights on my ride home last night. Only 2 this morning though.

hora
    Free Member

Gary M Ive done really well this year so far as well. I call my ride in my ‘wavey route’ (wave thanks repeatdly for drivers letting me through/pull out etc)….getting angry kinda cancels out the health benefits of riding into work when your stress levels go up like that. I’ve made the odd sarcastic remark which works and doesnt get my blood pressure up but losing it is pathetic.

On the way up to Sale (Manchester) last night at dusk I followed a roadie and watched him cycle across the entrance to the slip road that leads onto the M60- cars were carving right infront and just behind of him at speed obviously in a blind headlong rush to get home …………..yet he kept his complete cool- **** crackers though.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Ive done really well this year so far as well Eh it’s only mid March. Every rider gets annoyed when people put their lives at risk but asking someone for a fight is idiotic. People make mistakes, is your driving always perfect?

Funnily enough on the ride in this morning something was rattling on the bike, I stopped to see what it was. This guy in a car coming out of a junction on the other side of this busy wide road, beeped his horn and shouted ‘are you alright mate?’. I was taken aback at this strangers concern for me.

hora
    Free Member

People make mistakes, is your driving always perfect?

Perspective. Thank you 🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

Hora, you’re an idiot but I like it. Let’s have a fight, so Harry Enfield I can’t stop grinning like a muppet myself. More please!

nickegg
    Free Member

My temper can get the better of me sometimes but when it does i always remember that the real world isn’t a playgorund!

A fight will get you either kicked to sh1t or arrested!

Live and let live, and grow up!!

hora
    Free Member

Eeeee I still remember the crush on a underground/London one morning. Me and a guy nose to nose battling it out arguing like crazy (handbags flying) then he suddenly says ‘have you had garlic’? I burst into a laugh, as he did and que lots of puzzled looks and rolling eyes from the rest of the carriage.

Gary_M
    Free Member

You’re an aggresive nutter – fact.

molgrips
    Free Member

I think he’s owning up to being a bit of a fool – so give im a bit of slack…

hora
    Free Member

Start of the title says “Silly Handbag..” 🙄

dan1980
    Free Member

A while back when a particularly tiresome kn*b had spent about 3 miles trying to occupy the same point in space and time as me on a ride to work I was ready to ram my entire bike down his throat when he decided to turn left across my path to pull into a side road to park.

Once I’d stopped shaking at the near miss I went down the road “Have words” but could only find his car. I asked some builders nearby if they’d seen Mr Tw*tfeatures as I wanted to use his head a novelty bike stand. They offered to be witnesses to anything he’d done.

I left a note saying that I’d be ringing the police about his dangerous driving mentioning I had a number of witnesses who saw his speshul manoeuvre into the side road, and left my number in case he wanted to speak with me.

He rang me back later and was very apologetic saying he was late for a meeting, didn’t see me etc. all the usual crap, so I rang the police afterwards anyway. They weren’t exactly interested in my rant about his dangerous driving but it made me feel better.

MrSmith
    Free Member

who do you think would have had no jaw left?

think about this for a minute, you could have got reconstructive surgery (for the better) paid for on the NHS

hora
    Free Member

If the driver is really driving like a cock it is possible to engineer a M95 notice 🙄 Two strikes within a certain period and the car is seized. Look up the T&C’s, the burden of proof is alot less than what you think it is…. Reasonable cause and suspicion.

BoardinBob

He saw the gap and went for it,

Top tip, don’t give them a gap 😉

desf
    Free Member

I sometimes get angry but most times just shrug. Last night there were so many close things I was really depressed when I got home. How can there be so many bad drivers/folk who don’t care out there?

Don’t know what can be done about it but it’s no wonder that most people won’t cycle on the roads. Most cite, “it’s too dangerous” as one reason for not riding on the roads.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I was the same last night desf, much worse than usual for some reason. Maybe it’s something to do with spring.

hora
    Free Member

Its nothing to do with spring, its people preoccupied with losing their jobs/work stress, mortgage deals coming to an end/increasing bills etc etc etc etc etc. A cyclist has nothing in common with them. Most of my friends who dont cycle see cycling as something abit twee and sad. something a Geography teacher or a Cardriver who has a drink-driving ban would do. Its only something you HAVE to do if you cant drive.
    No wonder most drivers dont give cyclists room, they dont respect cyclists one bit.
    I ride to work in a cycling jacket, shorts and helmet and I’m cut up to shit.
    Cycle to work in jeans, no helmet and everyone gives me a wide-berth.

Go figure why.

Gary_M
    Free Member

the spring comment was tongue in check. I’m well aware it has nothing to do with spring. However the first decent day of the year means people are in a hurry to get home to spend some time in the garden, or whatever. So it is relevant. Fridays are particularly mental on the ride home – everyone just wants to get home.

Its nothing to do with spring, its people preoccupied with losing their jobs/work stress, mortgage deals coming to an end/increasing bills etc etc etc etc etc. A cyclist has nothing in common with them

Of course a cyclist has things in common with ‘them’, we’re not immune to the stress of everyday life. I drive a car too you know.

Shandy
    Free Member

Ha Ha Ha!!!!

I would stick to verbal abuse, fighting is all a bit unseemly. Although verbal abuse might not be your strong point.

When I was younger I had a mate whose father was a very well respected and politely spoken individual by the name of Frank. After a disagreement with another driver he got out of his car at traffic lights, walked over to the other car and knocked politely on his window. Seeing this well dressed gent with a conciliatory look on his face, the other driver rolled down the window, expecting polite discussion. Frank then ripped off his wing mirror and gently handed it to him through the window, with the words “There you go, now kindly **** off”. Apparantly the guy just sat there speechless.

Del

ah well. you’ll be able to give him a cheery wave tomorrow as you slide down his windscreen.

hora
    Free Member

Del, normally you’d think that. However A couple of my family are currently rigging up a 1inch thick wire rope between two vans on the same road. Tomorrow morning as he approaches one of the vans will be signalled to set off down a close thus leaving the wire rigid one metre from the ground.

molgrips
    Free Member

Its only something you HAVE to do if you cant drive.

Yeah. I get that all the time “when you pay tax and insurance you can take up all the road” etc etc. Well, ****, I have two cars and I DO pay tax and insurance. Where’s your argument now?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Del, normally you’d think that. However A couple of my family are currently rigging up a 1inch thick wire rope between two vans on the same road. Tomorrow morning as he approaches one of the vans will be signalled to set off down a close thus leaving the wire rigid one metre from the ground.

Nice family, I hope a cyclist doesn’t nip in front of this driver before he hits this cable. I really hope you’re not being serious.

atlaz
    Free Member

I saw something similar on the tube once. Bloke trying to get on at Bank (waterloo and city) with a huge bag when the train was full. White haired bloke in a bowler and a sharp suit suggests the train is full but the bloke ignores him and hits the old bloke and a woman in the face with the bag. Old bloke asks for an apology, the bloke with the bag says “whatever” and before he sees it coming, gets a punch in the face from the dapper city gent. Didn’t do any damage, just shocked him so much he got off the train.

Not big, not clever, but deserved imo.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Silly Handbag commute fight this morning’ is closed to new replies.