Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Silca multi tool on kickstarter
  • somafunk

It’s quite a whack of £ for a multi tool but damn i want it – do i really need it?….christ no but when did needs come into the equation when it comes to bike related stuff?. It’s also a torque wrench if you want to pay that bit extra and don’t forget it comes in a very nice pouch. Oh…and the Silca bike apron? – yeah i also want that as well so i can look a complete idiot/tool when fettling the bicycle shaped objects that i repair for folk in my town.

Will i order it?…I dunno but the Kickstarter page is open in my browser window so if i have two more whisky’s tonight it’s a distinct possibility.

Silca : The Ultimate Portable, Multi-Configurable, 72 Tooth Ratcheting T-Handle Mini-Tool and 2-8Nm Titanium Torque Adapter here

notmyrealname
    Free Member

That does look pretty nice.
    I was going to splash some cash on some PB Swiss hex keys and bits but I might just go for one of these instead :mrgreen:

eddie11
    Free Member

but the good bit is the torque wrench and they’ve all gone.

somafunk

No there not, 138/500 remaining 😉

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Well that took all of 2 minutes for me to back that…

mrblobby
    Free Member

Watched the video yesterday, am tempted. 90 dollars though 😕

somafunk

Slica multi tool/torque extension and apron ordered, Two whisky’s later and couple of items placed on the classifieds to cover the costs so it didn’t “actually” cost me anything 😉

Sui
    Free Member

you can already get similar from Wera! There’s a chap on here that works for them i think..

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Looks lovely, but I’m not sure I’ve ever needed “accurate torque on the trail”. So for me it’s a no.

twisty

Tempted, but a bit too expensive for me, plus if I took this on the trail i’d need to take a separate chain tool.
    I’ve got a Top peak T bar type thing which does 2-12Nm and cost not much, not as portable or sexy but it does the job.

epicyclo

Mmm, I’d better spend some time considering the difference between need and want. 🙂

Lovely looking bit of kit.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Anyone else thinking the torque scale is a little small to be anywhere near accurate? These torsion bar type devices usually put the scale a long way out from the centre for this reason so I think the Topeak version mentioned above may not look as nice but will be far easier to use

reformedfatty
    Free Member

Anything that can be broken down into that many pieces will invariably dismantle itself and leave the bit I actually need hidden amongst the dark recesses of whatever pack I’m riding with. And for that reason, ah’m oot.

jam-bo

Don’t forget this is Kickstarter. Over promise and under deliver should be their motto.

wwaswas

Although Silca aren’t a startup, they’ve been manufacturing for 100+ years so shouldn’t be too shonky on the delivery bit?

robowns
    Free Member

Looks lovely, but I’m not sure I’ve ever needed “accurate torque on the trail”. So for me it’s a no.

+1, or accurate torque ever for that matter.

somafunk

Update here on final pre-production design , Yeah it’s expensive, yeah it’s overkill for my bike fettles but look….it comes in a natty wee magnetic closure tool roll, it has red identifier sleeves on the hex bits,The actual tool itself is one of those items that you want to hold and fondle, the apron is full waxed canvas with a TPU coated 600denier ballistic nylon top, awesome tactical moly-webbing for tool holding, an oversized cargo pocket on the thigh and not to forget the split design so you can still ride a bike with an apron loaded up with pointy tools.

Yeah i’m easily impressed 😀

stumpy01

It’s dark, I need to tighten my thingy up.

Ah, where’s that bit gone? I think it’s in my bag. Oh, I dropped it in amongst all those leaves & other bits on the floor.

Hmmmmm. What I need is a tool that keeps all the bits together…..

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Silca multi tool on kickstarter’ is closed to new replies.