Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Signed Jason McRoy poster
  • DezB
    Free Member

I wasn’t bashing him darling. Just askin a question.
    (The answer to which fully satisfied my curiousity)

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Another fully satisfied lady. Well done Uplink

uplink
    Free Member

Thank Rudeboy but I’m not that bothered by it

I’ve just had another hatemail – hard to tell what it is at the moment, I can’t really see it on my phone – it has an attachment though 🙄

I’m beginning to wonder what I’ve sleep walked into 😀
    Is it the Klan or something?

mrsflash
    Free Member

What kind of freak would send you hatemail for not knowing who jmc is??

I thought the world had gone mad yesterday when I noticed that on the box of eggs I bought, there was a notice saying Allergy Advice; Contains Eggs

now I know it has.

Houns

Seems that way, he is STW’ers Princess Diana

jimmy

I also remember he had a very lovely gf at the time !

Hmmm Sophie…. (I think).

NZCol

Thats the badger, i remeber the old Salsa photos at the time of him’n’her and i always thought she was extrememly lovely. But then, i was quite young and most things of the girly variety were ‘quite lovely’ at that time.

in fact nowts changed…..

Anyway, he was a great talent and life being life some sh1t happens you can;t control and of all of us he is the one that probably regrets departing this planet early. But sending emails to someone that has no idea who he is is lame and stupid, get a grip people.

dawson

I do a ‘doffing of the cap’ type motion every time I pass the memorial on t’Woodhead Pass.

I’m off to dig out my copy of Dirt, its ages since I last watched it.

CountZero

There are some on here who do have a slightly overdone sense of proportion. As it happens I started mountain biking in ’87 and JMC was hugely important to an emerging sport at a time when a mountain bike was incredibly rare. I had American tourists ask me if my Stumpjumper was a mountain bike! I had the privilage to meet JMC in Vail at the Worlds. I asked him about some neat red tyres on his bike, and he dragged me back to the service area at the team bus to show me some prototype tyres he was really enthusiastic about. Treated me like one of his drinking buddies that he’d known for years. Lovely bloke, a true ambassador for his sport. Also met Missy, Tinker, Myles Rockwell and Alison Sydor as well. Even got Missy to sign my SuperVee 3000!

zaskar
    Free Member

Uplink is entitled to his own opinion.

JMC ws a great rider and well respected. Influence still runs high and I loved reading about him. But I don’t worship the guy. He had a tough life and never gave up. He passed away early.

It’s a sad story and positive; could be a movie.

Uplink has a right to question and be critical/judge for themselves.

You need to look beyond the box and both sides of the fence. If you don’t like his opinion-state it with logical reason, don’t threaten the plank ;o) (joking)

There are many ‘peoples’ heroes/nutters that the forum massive don’t know off.

JMC was one hell of a rider though. Even if his life story doesn’t influence you, he was an excellent athlete.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I still salute him through the car window when i go past his ‘spot’ just down from the Woodhead tunnel. I’m 52 by the way.

martyntr
    Free Member

I also remember he had a very lovely gf at the time !

Hmmm Sophie…. (I think).

Someone else I remember from my teenage years…. but we won’t go into that….

Eldrik
    Free Member

Yes, I’ve got a treasured photo of Sophie Brookes and JMC at the top of the NEMBA Hamsterley DH in 1993, resplendent in matching MBUK/Salsa kit 🙂

I really should get a high res scan of it sometime…

Jason was a hero of mine when I started biking, especially as a fellow north-easterner.

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Signed Jason McRoy poster’ is closed to new replies.