Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Sign petition for Surrey Cycling
  • J-R

Somebody started a petition AGAINST cycling on Surrey roads.

If anybody on STW disagrees with that view, you may like to read and sign the counter petition here: Surrey County Council Petition

Also, please feel free to share it and show the support for cycling in Surrey and the South East, in the face of people who would prefer to ban future mass participation events like the Prudential ride 100.

lightman
    Free Member

Why do the idiots only need 1000 and you need 5000?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Signed, whole thing somewhat amusing, but also unsurprising.

“They don’t pay road tax”

A HAHAHAHAHAHA.

mattjg
    Free Member

The against petition has to be a troll surely, nobody could seriously write such a poor document.

Tho the A-board outside the newsagents for the Dorking Advertiser this week does say “Anger against cyclist road closures”. On the other hand previous headlines have included retiring shopkeepers, how the local football team is aiming for the middle of the league, and how the police were successfully recovering missing micro-piglets. I kid you not.

So ignore it, it’ll blow over.

(ps Don’t Go Home Without One!)

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

Haha –
    I wonder from who’s anus they recovered the micro piglets from? Paul Daniels? Simon Cowell?

mattjg
    Free Member

I’d like to know where the borderline is between a mini-piglet and a micro-piglet, and do the coppers learn it at police college?

If the coppers were hunting micro-piglets, when actually it was mini-piglets that were missing, would they be on a wild goose chase?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

No, clearly a piglet pursuit!

boxfish
    Free Member

Surely, when the police are pursuing piglets, there is a conflict of interest?

mattjg
    Free Member

Do you think someone squealed?

piha
    Free Member

Reading the comments on the anti cycling petition page is really quite depressing. Anyway, signed and now keeping an eye out for retired micro piglets running amok in a mid table position. 😆

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’ve signed it. change.org doesn’t have the membership / profile of 38degrees so I doubt much notice will be paid to either petition.

Karinofnine

Signed.

I’m thinking of starting a petition against all those drivers who block up the roads in London and suburbs every Monday – Friday.

They get in my way! I pay tax! 😉

crazy-legs

The anti-cycling (well, anti-RideLondon) one could have been quite damaging but it’s so badly written and argued that it’s basically turned into a mini-rant.

It’s from a guy who runs a clay-pigeon shooting business (oh the irony of him complaining about “noise”!) and won’t amount to anything. Surrey County Council are contracted (if that’s the right word) to be a partner in this event for the next 4 years with an option on a further 2 years. It was always designed that way as part of the Olympic Legacy programme.

By then it’ll be well established, just like the London Marathon is now and people will stop moaning.

mattjg
    Free Member

Wobbly bottom lips and toys out of pram!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Sign petition for Surrey Cycling’ is closed to new replies.