• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by fadda.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • *sigh* waterproof shorts
  • Kahurangi

it’s hosing it down and I’ve lost my waterproof shorts, my trusty Endura Superlites.

Next time I’d get a Medium – the Small Superlites were ok but a little too tight on my 31″ waist and a little too short for pads.

Are the MT500 any better? Do they play nicely with knee pads, they look quite narrow at the bottom?

The Altura Attack waterproofs apparently size up quite big but they look like they’d be ok with pads.

What else is worth a look (and is available form the usual suspects)?

badllama
    Free Member

I has several pairs of Altura Attack and cannot fault them TBH
    I ride mine with 661 knee pads when riding big stuff without issue.

superfli
    Free Member

Attacks are great, although a little tight on legs, pads push the shorts up a bit too.
    Get the size down as they are large

nedrapier

Sugoi rpm-x are on Sportpursuit at the moment.

kcal

Madison – can’t recall the waterproof (well, waterproof erse) model, the Zeniths are very nice.

add – Addict is the compromise one. Tempest looks all weather. They fit well (well, for me — I’m 30″/31″ and their small – I think – was bang on)

z1ppy

Altura Attack’s, love my 3/4’s

Suggsey
    Free Member

Altura Attacks in all guises are my waterproofs of choice….three quarters for autumn/spring wet rides, full length longs for winter grotty weather and shorts for summer rainy days.

MoreCashThanDash

I’ve had a long lasting pair of Attacks. Like all Altura kit, sizing is on the slightly generous side of realistic, which is nice for us more rotund riders 😳

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Gore military surplus trousers cut down. Really good.

andybrad

Dont bother with the tempest shorts.I can’t get more than 4 months out of a pair

domderbyshire
    Free Member

Altura Attacks are MASSIVE. I bought a medium, as with a 30″ waist I fitted their recommendation. They were huge. I ended up with an XS. This was OK, except that I wanted 3/4s, which don’t come in an XS, so I had to stick with “normal” length shorts.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘*sigh* waterproof shorts’ is closed to new replies.