Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sierra Nevada trail maps
  • villageidiot
    Free Member

Anybody have any links to trail maps or info on this area?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I assume you mean Sierra Nevada, Spain rather than USA. I was out there last year and bought the 1:40000 map of the Sierra Nevada national park. Now I can read a map but there is no way we would have found half the great trails the guide took us on if we’d just used the map.

Bike fax Bikefax do a good guide to Southern Spain, given away with Singletrack subscriptions last year. That would be your best bet if you do want to do things under your own steam.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I have both map plus the book. I don’t think you’ll find anything better on-line than the offical national park map so it will definitely be best to try and buy that plus the Bikefax book for initial ideas of where to ride.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

…but if you can stretch to a guide I don’t think you’ll regret it (and no I’m not on commission!). More time riding and less time wondering where you are

villageidiot
    Free Member

Great, thanks for all that, now can anybody recommend a guide for 2 weeks in July.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I can recommend factor 40 sun screen! I suspect many guides will have hung up their bikes since it could be uncomfortably hot to ride. My in-laws live not too far away and it can be 40C plus at that time of year. I could be wrong though.

I went with Ride Sierra Nevada and was guided by Sean. I was on a 6inch fully and I could just about (mostly) keep up with him on his hardtail, except on the ups (and I think I’m reasonably fit). He showed us some great riding and was always around to share a beer post-ride.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sierra Nevada trail maps’ is closed to new replies.