• This topic has 22 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by akip.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Sierra Nevada holidays????
  • graeme87
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a good place to go to on holiday next year in the sierra Nevada. Me and a friend are looking at going with our girlfriends and the two of us riding for 5 days or so while they chill out. what town is best for things to do but easy access to the trails?

Mikey
    Free Member

Have a look in Granada. I went there with Ciclo Montana and there is
    riding from the city centre. There is a trail called the holy grail if I remember
    correctly and lots of street riding down the steps from the very top o
    the city. Some of the best riding I have done!

graeme87
    Free Member

ok, cheers. how far is it from Grenada to decent trails with an uplift in sierra Nevada?

kristoff
    Free Member

Have you looked at Puremountains, chat to them regularly through twitter, seem a great bunch with nice facilities. I’m hoping to get over there at some point.

Kuco

Went with Ciclo this summer, great holiday though we only done one uplift day other than that be prepared to climb. Oh and when Mark says just round the next corner expect to be climbing for a while longer 🙂

wool

Ciclo is all you need to know thread over

Mikey
    Free Member

It was just a day in Granada, the rest of the week was where they are based near pitres about 1.5 hrs drive away. Is kind of in the middle of nowhere so the other halves may not be happy!
    The ciclo riding is amazing, with some uplifts
    But if you do a bit of googling Im sure there will be some trail maps on the net.
    Re the uplifts if you are based in granada, I cant help you there, you may have to pedal!

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Really enjoyed my holiday with switchbacks all uplift with enought riding between mountains to feel like you had done some trail riding but without the monster climbs like other company’s do. Seen a few guys from ciclo Montania they were loving the riding just said it was lots of climbs to get to the trails every day so was happy with my choice.
    Re booking for next year soon

graeme87
    Free Member

cheers guys, need to do a lot of googling

jambon
    Free Member

+1 for Ciclo Montana

Mikey
    Free Member

Hiya Jamie!

Yetiman
    Free Member

Ciclo Montana is probably the best guiding company in the area but as Mikey says they are pretty much in the middle of nowhere. It’s a popular area for walkers, and there’s some lovely little villages to visit, but it might not be what your partners are after.Fantastic riding though.

stumpy01

I would say Ciclo Montana, but it depends what your OH’s want to do. If they want to sit round the pool all day, then fine.
    If they wanna do stuff though like sight seeing, shopping etc. then it’s a bit too remote for that.

For riding, Ciclo are ace.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Based right on the beach we are perfect for a combined biking/non-bikers holiday.
    Stunning singletrack rides with plenty of bus uplift during the day & fun après-bike on the coast at night. Sandy beach, large pool, with lots of other activities nearby for the girls.
    http://www.sierracycling.com fantastic biking since 1992.

beagle
    Free Member

Ridesierranevada.

Shaun and Csilla are great, the riding is awesome and they are close to Granada (monachil). It’s a short bus ride or a taxi away.

Couple of wee bars in the village and obviously Granada is a lovely city.

AndrewL

Had a very good holiday at end of September with Ride Sierra Nevada. About the right amount of uplift but still plenty of climbing so you felt you were doing a proper days riding. Some lovely interesting singletrack. Accomodation good too.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Have a look at us All Mountain

We are out of town so if your o/h want to chill it will be fine, if they want to be in a town it might not suit. Our villa is a very high standard and a good place to be.

The singletrack is the best around. in the press

graeme87
    Free Member

@alan-sierracycling do you have an email I could contact you on. We are trying to plan our 2014 holiday for something to look forward to over these dark winter months.

Cheers
    Graeme

davidisaacs
    Free Member

Check out http://www.bikingandalucia.com we are based in Orgiva, the local capital, just south of the Sierra Nevada, our town has a “critical mass” 6000 people, 40 bars, many shops etc to make it interesting.

andytpickering
    Free Member

+1 for http://www.sierracycling.com
    went with them in April and had an amazing time, guides were awesome and the trails were spectacular!

graeme87
    Free Member

@davidisaacs do you have an email address I could contact you for more details?

toys19
    Free Member

+1billion for Switchbacks I Just did a week in Bubion, they help you as close as possible to the top on the initial climb, the guides are excellent, the accommodation in Bubion is ace, free aiport transfer and free food basics.
    I normally do their DH holiday, have been there 5 or 6 times, so I was a bit concerned about all the climbing as I am a lardy scumbag, but it was well worth it.

akip
    Free Member

+ 1 for ridesierranevada. Done three short stays with Shaun and Csilla. Highly recommended for the great trails, accomodation and guiding.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Sierra Nevada holidays????’ is closed to new replies.