Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • SIDSY
  • breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Out for a ride this morning – just 5minutes from home – riding just behind a 4×4 which with very little warning decide to turn left & park up by a café – I just had enough time to hit the brakes and serve the bike in the same direct – the result been that I basically shoulder charged the **** thing – fortunately all happened at relatively low speed and no real harm done – but the attitude of the drive was unbelievable – she basically did not seem to care that she had caused an crash – said to me “I’ve said sorry what more do you want” – neither did she appear to get why I was so angry with her
    Just glad that I managed to stay on the bike – think thinks would have been much worse if I’d hit the ground

pixelmix
    Free Member

Had a similar situation the other day with some idiot deciding to turn left with no signals. Thankfully I slowed down and rode around them without hitting them. I waved my arms around angrily for a second or two.

Just to put the cat among the pigeons though, if you couldn't avoid them, arguably you were travelling too fast/close behind them?

bananaworld
    Free Member

Hang on, you were travelling behind them? So it was you that had to say "SIDSY" to them, yeah…?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

riding just behind a 4×4 [and only] just had enough time to hit the brakes

And you think they have something to apologise for?

Muppet

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

It’s a main arterial road (A658 – Apperley Bridge) – I was sat in a line of traffic moving at approx 25kph sat behind and to the left of the 4×4 – Had just come to the end of a bike lane and was beginning to manoeuvre around some cars that were park off to the side of the road, but at 90 degrees to the road with the back end stuck out into the carriage way – just about to swing to the outside and drop the hammer (I was on the road bike after all)
    In hind site I would accept that I may well have been close & may even have been in her blind spot – however, as the traffic had been slow for a good few hundred yards, and that she had only just come past me I’d have thought that she would have been aware of my presence – and if she’d planned to turn left would have given more warning or hung back behind me

iDave
    Free Member

what else do you want her to do apart from say sorry – kiss your furrowed brow?

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Mirror single manoeuvre – not manoeuvre single

supinerider
    Free Member

i find signal works better.

Pook

What the hell does sidsy mean?

seems I'm dangerously slipstreaming you?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

That all very good and well, but 99% of motorists follow the 'manoeuvre, wonder if they should have used the indicators, mirror to find out where the thump came from' protocol, not mirror, signal, manoeuvre'. Its up to you to avoid them.

pixelmix
    Free Member

You didn't mention that she had just passed you in your original post. If she just passed you and then immediately turned left in front of you, then that is a different matter.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘SIDSY’ is closed to new replies.