Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • SIDs versus Rebas
  • Shandy
    Free Member

Could anybody talk me through the main differences between SIDs and Rebas? I am pricing up a 29er build (EMD) and I have found SIDs nearly as cheap as the Rebas. I usually buy Fox and I don’t know much about Rockshox or XC forks in general.

Thanks!

redfordrider
    Free Member

Which SIDs? They come in a variety of flavours. SIDs are about 100g lighter and perhaps more tunable. Both can be internally adjusted to change the travel. I have REBA RLT 2011 29er forks with 80mm of travel. Probably more durable than SIDs as well.

schmiken

SIDs are lighter, REBAs are stiffer. (In a nutshell, anyway).

Shorty121
    Free Member

schmiken – +1 Basically if you want a stiff fork then you want the reba’s. If you can get a SID with 15mm or 20mm then I would go for that.

robbo
    Free Member

But the sram website quotes almost identical weights. I went for rebas on my 29er for stiffness and they were available in maxle. Not sure if stiffness is a big issue for bigger wheels and so longer forks but my basic physics says longer things flex more easily. Maybe…

Shandy
    Free Member

I have done a bit of research and the weights seem similar. The Rebas are RLT Dual Air with Maxle and Pushlock for €499, the SIDS have the Maxle and DNA RTC3 damping but no Pushlock for €549. Unless I find some good reviews of the RTC3 I will probably just go for the Rebas.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘SIDs versus Rebas’ is closed to new replies.