Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Sidi shoes
  • BillyBull
    Free Member

Anyone recomend some? Worth the money? (santa soon) How do they come up sizing wise. Ta

jordie
    Free Member

they are great shoes and really comfy i don`t know if they are worth the money but i like them.

eddie11
    Free Member

sizing is between shimano and specialized ime

they are lovely things but budget for some aftermarket insoles if you have anything other than perfect feet. the stock insoles are basic at best.

sidicafe have a good range and good sizing advice.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Sizing for length seems similar to Shimano. Just a bit shorter.

Widthwise they are quite narrow. Although they do a Mega fit which I believe is wider.

I like mine although prices recently seem to have shot up. I’ve got some Eagles which now seem to be about £250!

woffle
    Free Member

Big fan of Sidi dragons but the prices are a little eye-watering to say the least.

Trimix
    Free Member

Ive had a few pairs for years, but to be honest they are not worth the money compared to Shimano / Spech ones at half the price. They look nice, but Ive now got a summer pair of Spec ones and a winter pair for the price on replacing my old SIDI’s.

They last OK, but two got changed because I tore off the adjusters, you cant replace them. Yes, you can replace the soles, if you can find a stockist for the bits, but by the time you have done that the rest is pretty worn anyway.

Less money and just as good quality from Spech and Shimano in my experience.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Just bought some SIDI genius 5.5 – uncomfy sole so I got some cheap insoles from boots to go under the SIDI soles and got some foam heal raisers and now they fit like a slipper. V stiff sole even though the are carbon composite not the more expensive carbons. Really like them now 🙂 I did get them for about %50 off otherwise go for Spesh/Shim like above – still got my Spesh Comps for commuting and they are also nice 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Ive SIDI (Road) Shoes.. seem really comfy IMHO, no hot spots either when in the pedals for a decent length of time, so all good..

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

you’ve got to try them on. I really wanted some for ages, finally plucked up the courage to face the inevitable telling off when OH sees them.

Tried some on and they just weren’t comfy, found them quite narrow. Specialized ones were just perfect for me, and half the price. 🙂

Marmoset
    Free Member

I had some dominator 5’s that lasted 5 years so they do last well. I replaced them earlier this eyar with some Shimano shoes as the Sidi prices have just gone too high, IME the competition have caught up on making their shoes last longer as well.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

I have some Dominators that have lasted quite well for nearly two years, still got plenty of life left in them. They are my only shoes and feel nice with no socks in summer and fairly well with sealskins in winter. However I don’t think they are any better than the Specialized Comps they replaced, if anything the Comps were more comfortable…

woffle
    Free Member

FWIY my first pair of Dragons have done something daft like 7,500 miles in all weather and still come up pretty nicely. I’ve recently bought a 2nd pair, this time with the carbon sole and my old one’s are now on rotation when it’s wet etc. I think pence per mile they don’t do too badly – my old Diadora’s lasted about 3 months of daily use before things started to fall off…

DaveRambo

I’m on my second pair of Sidis – my first pair of Dragons lasted a ridiculous amount of time (as in a long time) – replaced them with another pair about 4 years ago and have recently replaced the sole grips for £30 (I think it’s the second time I’ve done it) and they look as good as new.

I can understand people not wanting to shell out the money for them s they aren’t cheap but IMHO are good value for money – great quality, last ages, most bits replaceable.

Dino
    Free Member

Yep as above a little narrow but great shoes,
    got 2 pairs one for summer and some Diablo’s for winter
    my summer ones are 5 years old on thrid set of soles and still going strong

speaker2animals

I bought a pair of Sidi Fires in 2005. Haven’t used them for a few years but got 10 years use out of them. Polished them up in the summer and gave them to a young lad in my cycle group as he couldn’t afford to buy new shoes. IMHO they are tiny. I would advise on definately trying on before buying. A friend of mine’s family came over for a month in the summer. He had bought a brand new pair with him (not sure what model). he knew they were tightish but it was only after the second long ride we did that he realised that they really were too small and he had to give up riding for the rest of his hol till he got home to the States to change them.

My Fires had NO insole insert at all and there was definately no room for any. Make sure that if you try some that you wear the thickest socks that you will want to wear in them and that if your are going to fit an insole, that you allow some space for it.

They are expensive but good, only you can decide if they are worth the money. For me (who has 4 pairs of different models) it is unlikely that I will be changing from Specialized in the near future.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Sidi shoes’ is closed to new replies.