Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sidewall repair
  • drofluf
    Free Member

Was converting to tubeless last weekend and failed due to a split in the sidewall. The structure of the tyre seems fine as the plys are intact and it ran fine with an inner tube in.

How can I best repair it? A tube patch on the inside? Inner tube? Or is there a specific product?

atlaz
    Free Member

Last time I had a tear on my road bike I used a big piece of copter tape. Seems fine still.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I put a 1 1/2″ rip in the sidewall of my brand new Nevegal a while back and repaired it with a tube patch and a needle and thread. I reinforced that area with a patch of gaffer tape and it’s held up fine ever since.

I know it’s going to bite me one way, but it’s interesting to see how long it’ll last.

MarkN
    Free Member

Ordinary tube patches work okay for me. I seem to have a spate of ripping tyres lately and they have been patched and work fine tubeless. If the hole is too big I use part of an old inner tube. Clean it up with some IPA and it works a treat.

Pook

I last fixed one with a haribo packet

Klunk
    Free Member

i find normal tube patches have a habit “bursting” especially when doing anything jumpy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sidewall repair’ is closed to new replies.