Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • SID Team floodgate help please!
  • oxym0r0n

Hi

The lockout on my Dual Air Team’s does not seem to work at all now. I have turned the “gate” all the way on and then the lockout all the way on but it does not seem to make much difference. 🙁

Anyone experienced something similar? How did you fix it?

[And to the “I never use my lockout” brigade – it’s on an SS and I do use it all the time 😉 ]

julianwilson
    Free Member

Check the right hand oil/travel. If you let all the air out of the fork and you can’t comress the fork all the way down, then you most likely have a leaky seal in the right leg. If you’re confident servicing yourself its an easy enough fix. Putting exactly the right volume of oil back in the top of the right hand leg is critical to the working of the lockout. Otherwise, maybe a problem in the compression damper gubbins. Unless its the outer seal at the bottom of the comression bit (the big-ish assembly you pull out of the top of the RH leg), it’s very hard to get into it and reassemble (I wouldn’t dare! it would be sending off to tf/loco for me in that case…)

oxym0r0n

Thanks – I’ll check all the things you suggest before paying for a service. I have another pair that need servicing first I think so could get expensive if I’m not careful!

LoCo
    Free Member

Most likely the rebound seal head seal has gone and allowed some damping oil into the lowers.

Seals to rectify this are back in stock now as I know a few people had asked about them 😀

oxym0r0n

Let all the air out and I can compress them all the way – could that still be the seal you are talking about LoCo?

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes possibly, the compression damper isn’t leaking out the top is it?
    also does the lockout work further into the travel?

There is more room in the lowers for oil, if there was that much in there to start with, so it would take a fairly large leak/length of time before you started to loose travel.

oxym0r0n

So it turns out the Ti compression damper thingumy is fubarred 🙁

The plastic replacement is about 1/2 the price of the Ti one it replaces and is apparently more robust – what are you playing at Rockshox!!

My fox are much more reliable 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘SID Team floodgate help please!’ is closed to new replies.