Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • SID RL vs REBA?
  • boxelder

What are the real world differences between SIDs and REBAs? I’m after 120mm, Boost 29ers and SIDs are cheaper.
    My understanding is that on last years (2016) models, the lowers etc were the same, but internals were lighter materials/better on the SID. For 2017, the SID has gone back to XC race, lighter, max 100mm etc.
    I’m guessing making the SIDs more ‘Trail’ friendly was a waste of time as folks aren’t bothered about the benefits over REBA? The SIDs I’m looking at are the cheaper option though.
    At nearly 14′, will I die? I’ve had REBA and Revs for years without any issues.

Rorschach
    Free Member

At 14 you have many years ahead of you (including puberty).

orangespyderman

I swapped out my 100mm Reba RL that came with the bike because I couldn’t really get on with it. I’m a fat knacker, though, but when running high enough pressure to not bottom out (and this was with bottomless tokens) it seemed harsh even on little impacts. I got the 2017 SID RLC (with the charger damper) and it is a much better fork for me and what I do with it (I’m no XC racer, but I guess it’s what people call “trail” now). Except the ’17 SIDs are supposed to only do XC. I hope no-one tells mine that 🙂

wiggles
    Free Member

Depending on what steerer size you need I have a pair of Reba’s, 120mm boost 29er that I might sell.

Send me an email if you are interested (in my profile)

boxelder

185mm+ Wiggles, and the SIDS are £300 new, so hard to match.

boxelder

@Rorscach – at 14, I wouldn’t be fretting, I’d be out riding wha t I had. 😕

parkesie
    Free Member

14 stone on the other hand might have bearing on your fork choice.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘SID RL vs REBA?’ is closed to new replies.