Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Sick of the incessant WIND!!! (weather type)
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

So I’m awake, why? Because the **** wind is howling away outside again. So I check the weather which hasn’t been on my mind all weekend. Lo and behold it’s stupid windy again tomorrow. This probably isn’t a major issue to most but for work I’m now back on the old open cast sight shed building, and open being the operative word!!!! There’s only so much wind a 40 yr old face can take before you look like you’ve been sandblasted!
    Is it me or has it just been windy since pissing November!

slackalice
    Free Member

Know what you mean OP. Spent Friday trying to create a palisade fence, some 30 metres long, between a garden and an open field, fought the wind all day. Going back today to carry on with the task and not looking forward to the forthcoming ordeal.

Hopefully, the nature of the fence will mean it hasn’t or won’t be taken down by the wind.

Incidentally, last summer was the first summer I can remember that I always had one reef in the mainsail of the boat. It’s been windy since last March here in jolly Norfolk…

breadcrumb

It does seem to of been very windy for months now.

Shit nights sleep last night, howling wind and rattling slates.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Awake for the day now and what’s the first thing I hear? Mrs ws farting 😀
    Swiftly followed by the wind outside. Hello Monday…

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

A perfectly timed post, I just started having a quick browse on stw after being woken up early by the sound of the flipping wind howling away outside. It seems to have been like this for months apart from the days it’s rained of course. 😐

Daffy

Yup, howling here in Wiltshire too. Our house is VERY exposed to westerly winds…I can hear the tiles lifting and settling as I type. It’s supposed to be twice as bad over the next few days…great.

jam-bo

El Niño year, init.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I’m blaming the people who started giving the storms daft names. 😡

molgrips
    Free Member

Extra loft insulation helps a lot with the noise in your house. Won’t do anything for the op’s face though sorry.

bruneep

Its the fault of all those wind turbines.

mashiehood
    Free Member

made worse by the fact the wife insists on having windchimes in the garden which keep me awake at night…..
    They are being ‘nicked’ by the local uth this afternoon!

bearnecessities

The bird table’s been beheaded.

bruneep

“Grass” needs attention

scotroutes

centralscrutinizer – Member
    I’m blaming the people who started giving the storms daft names

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/117285

Go on. You know you want to.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Not windy here , will update tomorrow

hammyuk
    Free Member

He’s on a Mountain bike forum – it’s mud’innit 😆

thetallpaul
    Free Member

First day back on the bike commute after 2 weeks and the wind almost defeated me on the Vale of York.

scotroutes

Already gusting 90-100 mph on the hills here and due to get a lot worse for the next 36 hours

milkyman
    Free Member

I went for a ride round stanage edge over the weekend, 17 miles wouldn’t normally do me in, but it seemed for 14 out of the 17 miles I was in a constant head wind and not just a breeze, full blown gale, it really did my head in most miserable ride I have done in a long while ant the wind chill was even worse, said 3 on my computer but felt like -5

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I see that the majority of the 24 people who’ve signed the petition are from North of the border 😀

scotroutes

Actually no. The majority are in England.

footflaps

To be fair I was pretty much blown all the way to work this morning on the bike….

user-removed
    Free Member

You’ve got to get home too FF… Can barely get out the door here on Skye just now. Medium sized dog keeps getting blown into my legs so have abandoned many dog walks over the last week.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I’m going to take the positives, a lost cricket ball has just blown out of the top of a tree in the garden, just saw some tumble weed go past as well 😯

maccruiskeen

So I’m awake, why? Because the **** wind is howling away outside again.

I love it – the stormier the weather the deeper I sleep. Heavy rain and hail even better – hail bouncing off the skylight outside our open bedroom door- zzzzzzzzz.

Slept like a baby last night (but without the crying and incontinence)

ps44
    Free Member

Heading out for another tasty windsurf session… 😀

LoCo
    Free Member

The workshop is on a hill above the Atlantic, it’s a touch blowy up here today 😯

iainc

wind is starting to batter the office windows here in Glasgow – think it might get a bit wild later…..

bikebouy
    Free Member

The Mrs’s is helping the BIL put up an extension between the large Cow shed and the smaller Cow shed today. Their plan is to put the steel joists on top of the uprights they set in last week, so that’s steel erecting in Noth Yorkshire, in winter, when it’s 50mph gusts.

That’s my extended farming family right there..

bearnecessities

It’s fair to say I am pretty freaked out right now and have absolutely no explanation for this.

[/URL]

molgrips
    Free Member

Dude, where’s your shed?

Oh, it’s still there, just black.. you’re freaked out about the headless bird table righting itself?

bearnecessities

Correct.

I am genuinely baffled. There is no logical answer at all. Even if someone thought it would be funny to mess with my head, they can’t get in to the garden.

I can only think I’ve got borrowers. Protein-shake, steroid-abusing, practical-joke-loving, borrowers.

squirrelking
    Free Member

So how exactly did the bird table get decapitated, was there some Eric Cantona wheelbarrow action going on?

People wonder why I don’t cycle to work more often. This. This is why. Anyone who claims they would rather cycle in this than drive after a shift (day, evening or night) on their feet us either deluded or a liar.

mrsfry
    Free Member

It’s just God wafting the duvet

bearnecessities

Decapitation is understood tbh. I made the birdtable myself about 4 years ago. The top was intentionally made to be swapped out in the event of a new ‘table’ being made at such time deemed necessary.

Never, was self-righting a design feature.

molgrips
    Free Member

I am genuinely baffled. There is no logical answer at all.

Yes there is. The wheelbarrow has stopped it toppling over, so it’s only just over its tipping point. Just needed a tiny nudge to get it back over, which it got with a reverse gust of swirly wind.

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Pah! You lot don’t know you’re born. Try sleeping in lorry in a good storm. My worst was a night in Hawes, I thought at one point we were actually going to tip over

When the wind does blow the carpets of my mother house lift and ripple. Freaked us right out when we were experimental wayward yoofs.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Had a very very big moment whilst towing a ground hog unit with the pick up today. Nearly two tonne went in to snake mode down the dual carriageway after a few heavy gusts. I was passenger but at that point it felt like the driver of the pick up was too 😯

prawny

I got blown halfway across the road riding home tonight proper scary there was nothing I could do about it. Luckily there was nothing following. The wind proper needs to do one.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

So I’m awake, why? Because the **** wind is howling away outside again. So I check the weather which hasn’t been on my mind all weekend. Lo and behold it’s stupid windy again tomorrow. This probably isn’t a major issue to most but for work I’m now back on the old open cast sight shed building, and open being the operative word!!!! There’s only so much wind a 40 yr old face can take before you look like you’ve been sandblasted!
    Is it me or has it just been windy since pissing November!

….some of my wifes friends houses literally got blown away by Typhoon Yolanda.

Just sayin….. 😆

You massive ninnies.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Sick of the incessant WIND!!! (weather type)’ is closed to new replies.