Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Shute – Between Exeter and Yeovil
  • Clobber
    Free Member

I’m staying in Shute for the next week and will be taking my bike.

Can anyone help me with riding in the local area? it looks to be on the south edge of the Blackdown Hills.

And… should I take the singlespeed or the geared bike?

Thanks for any help!

jam-bo

Blackdowns is crap for mtb. Some ok road riding.

Quantocks is worth the drive.

kraftyone
    Free Member

Geared, if you’re prepared to drive a bit, hit the Quantocks. Puddletown nr dorchester is alright for half a days spin, and Haldon Forest has some real easy marked routes and some more interesting off piste stuff.

Clobber
    Free Member

oh really…? 😕

That’s a bit disappointing, what about going South to or along the coast?

Lyme Regis, Seaton, Sidmouth?

kraftyone
    Free Member

Seriously, Quantocks is worth the drive. i may be able to get out after work one day and show you some of the good bits if you like?

Clobber
    Free Member

That’s a kind offer kraftyone, unfortunately I will be on holiday with 14 of my in-laws and by that time of day I’ve had to hit the hard stuff in order to cope…

But, if you could send me a gpx or a link to a route that would be appreciated.

ajantom

I’ve often drive past Shute woods and wondered if there’s any good riding in them – looks like there should be.

Anyway, you’re only 20 odd minutes drive from Woodbury Common. Hours of good riding round there – single speed or geared friendly.

If you want a guide round Woodbury I’m on half-term this coming week so drop me a line on the email in my profile.

The Blackdowns are pretty crap for riding considering the area they cover and the elevation of them.

kraftyone
    Free Member
    kraftyone
    Free Member

that covers most of the good stuff

kraftyone
    Free Member

If you are around on Sunday there is a 15, 30 and 45 mile mtb event happening at Bicton… entry on the day possible http://www.bikemotion.co/bictonbash/

Clobber
    Free Member

Nice one! Thanks Krafty, thanks also ajantom, I will drop you and email if I manage to get a window! Was planning on early morning raids

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Shute – Between Exeter and Yeovil’ is closed to new replies.