Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shudder
  • penguinni

Im riding a current model Cotic Soul with RS Revelation RLT Ti, Magura discs and Hope X2 brakes. Headset is a Hope along with a Head Doctor.

During the last couple of rides a very noticable shuddering has developed when I use the front brake. Ive tightened headset, calipers and disc mounts but its still there.

Any suggestions as to whats causing it and how to fix?

Thanks

P

mintimperial

Fork bushings? Put the brake on and rock back and forwards, if you can feel movement at the seals that’s what it is. Send your fork off for a service and ask them to resize the bushings.

MrNice
    Free Member

you say you tightened lots of things. Did you check all the brake bits were aligned before tightening? i.e. loosen off, align, then tighten back up?

jsync

Brake pad wear?

bravesirrobin

Warped brake rotor?

psycorp
    Free Member

I’ve had something similar in the past.

Ended up changing the rotor.

BoomBip
    Free Member

Are the pads completely in? I actually bought new brakes because of those symptoms then spotted the pads on the old set weren’t fully seated when I was carrying them to bin 😳

Having said that, it was a set of never-quite-right Elixirs so they deserved their fate.

sv

Extra weight they are having to stop with all those muffins and cake you are eating on your ‘days out’ rides 😉

I’d try pads first after checking fork bushings, could also be lack of lube oil in the lowers meaning the bushings are dry.

penguinni

Thanks chaps. Ill give her another good going over and give particular attention to what has been said. (except the bit inferring I eat too many buns 😉 )

Thanks again

P

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shudder’ is closed to new replies.