Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Shower gel v Shampoo
  • Pook

No difference ultimately I reckon. Having a debate in the office.

bananaworld
    Free Member

Shampoo usually has Pro-Proteinous Diddleflap D6 FlowerSpaff added whereas shower gel doesn't.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

For someone of your hirsuteness or lack thereof, no, wouldn't make much difference

*runs*

trout
    Free Member

I keep having this debate with the missus I say bar of soap she says showergel

is not shower gel just watered down soap
    so cost more
    use more

more packaging

Yes I am victor Meldrew

Mister-P
    Free Member

Shampoo may be important if you have hair but as a shaven headed man I don't see the point in taking two bottles into the shower.

Pook

ourkidsam – Member

For someone of your hirsuteness or lack thereof, no, wouldn't make much difference

*runs*

you've just become a certain someone's favourite person in my office.

….but do you want your bike sorting? 😀

vinnyeh

The supermarket's hardly seem to stock any soap now. Aisles full of cheap shower gel, but the soap range is down to about half a dozen. Round here, anyway.

trout
    Free Member

Only Dove for my skin and what hair is lift

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMtqXC20D8g

GW
    Free Member

bar of soap cleans you properly, shampoo gets your hair clean, conditioner stops it being like straw and lastly shower gel makes you smell better.
    use all 4 products in that order

if you have no need to still be semi-attractive to anyone washing up liquid will do.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Pro-Proteinous Diddleflap D6 FlowerSpaff

Well womens' shapoo does. Mens' has Energis Scrub Refreshis.

Both the same shit, just marketed differently.

uplink
    Free Member

With 4 women/girls in the house – I just use whatever they've left in the shower

TN
    Free Member

If it's nice smelling shampoo and I'm in the shower, I would tend to just use that all over – better to smell of just one thing than have 64 different perfumes going on…. Well, I think so, anyway.
    I tend not to buy showergel, we just use palmolive or johnsons baby soap.

GW, I can't believe you use soap AND showergel?

Drac

I get awfully dandruff even with a shaven bonce and lack of hair if I use shower gel. So head and shoulders for me, tried others and that works the best. Didn't stop me thinning out though, bastards.

trout
    Free Member

with 3 females in the house I get into massive trouble if I use their special ultra cleaning mega moisturising exfoliating smelly substitute for soap on my old leather skin.

not to mention the blond shampoo and conditioner brunette shampoo and conditioner, black shampo and conditioner each for greasy hair normal hair dry hair depending on time of the month Ohh and the head and shoulders should a flake of skin be around .

and then there is the dont use that towel
    you have your own towel .

and if I am real lucky there will be 20 seconds of hot water left when I am allowed in the shower .
    and the new shaver that I get to use after 6 legs have been scraped

ourmaninthenorth

bar of soap cleans you properly, shampoo gets your hair clean, conditioner stops it being like straw and lastly shower gel makes you smell better.
    use all 4 products in that order

For real? Are you a bit, er, OCD?

BigDummy
    Free Member

No Tom, this is the procedure adopted by modern Real Men who cry during Holby City due to their superior emotional literature.

It's neanderthal cretins like me with my "a bar of soap gets you clean, then rinse and turn off the shower" procedure that are the problem here. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Most STW'ers are bald. So having a discussion about shampoo is alien to us!

clareymorris

MrCm is bald, and he used to use my shampoo…….until I told him how much it cost and handed him a bottle of Morrisons own 👿

ourmaninthenorth

Jon – this explains so much.

It's a wonder, given my simplistic Personal Hygiene Care Program(tm) and repressed attitude to TV Shows Real Men Watch, that I haven't committed genocide or at the very least clubbed to death several hundred baby seals.

My bad.

DezB
    Free Member

Pro-Proteinous Diddleflap D6 FlowerSpaff

None of you watch the Christmas Lectures then?? Apparently that science stuff is all TRUE, even if they do make up silly names for it.
    A lot of research goes in to shampoos etc. to get it to make your hair silky soft, managable and touchably vibrant.

check this; Shampoo: Reducing dandruff helps to calm scalp irritation and the need to scratch, which in turn helps to limit the damage caused by breakage. The head&shoulders Hydra-Zinc technology in Hair Endurance slows down the growth of the yeast that causes dandruff, keeping hair stress and the threat of thinning to a minimum. After washing with Hair Endurance hair is soft, healthy and strong – and protected from future damage

You think shower gel can do that, you morons?

hora
    Free Member

clareymorris of course not all STW'ers are as fair and furry-headed(!) as the female STW'ers 😀

peachos
    Free Member

my mrs bought me some Molton Brown shower gel & soap as a gift. it's nice & all that and i appreciate the gesture but have you seen the prices on that stuff? £17 for the shower gel & £12 for the bar of soap. i feel bad just using it willy nilly so tend to keep it for the showers just before i get into bed with her.

on a different note…

when i was in india i had my ears cleaned by some dude on the street. the amount of wax he pulled out of there was impressive (lots) and he said that the build up was because of shower gel. can any substantiate that?

DezB
    Free Member

the amount of wax he pulled out of there was impressive

Mate, I'm eating my lunch!

willy nilly so tend to keep the showers just before i get into bed with her

Mate, I'm eating my lunch!

marp
    Free Member

build up of wax occurs generally when you clean your ears with cotton buds etc and that stops the natural flow of gubbins out of the ear to where you can get it with a finger.
    Also, never let an indian man stick things in your ear, i work in with a lot of audiologists and they always go on about the amount of ear drum perferations due to poking sticks in ears to get wax out etc.

bigyinn
    Free Member

DezB You think shower gel can do that, you morons?

Please tell me you're being sarcastic with that comment!

ton

dont use shampoo, shower gel or soap.
    never have…………..just hot water and a flannel.

GW
    Free Member

TN – shower gel just runs off and doesn't clean you properly, just as soap isn't enough if you're covered in oil etc.

mudshark
    Free Member

It does seem to me that the existence of shower gel is a brilliant way to make money – soap is so much cheaper but I do like to smell like a lime.

My bald/hairy bodied mate is convinced he should use shower gel on his head and shampoo on his body.

DezB
    Free Member

Please tell me you're being sarcastic with that comment!
    😀

Pook

hahahaha what have i started!??

peachos
    Free Member

marp – Member
    Also, never let an indian man stick things in your ear, i work in with a lot of audiologists and they always go on about the amount of ear drum perferations due to poking sticks in ears to get wax out etc.

but it was quite an interesting experience. another chap tried to clean my shoes whilst this guy had his sticks in my ear. all this took place in the middle of a roundabout in delhi.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

you've just become a certain someone's favourite person in my office.

How is La B today?

Also, shall I come straight round taneet – if we're to be radding it up should probably get there while it's still light

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Shower gel v Shampoo’ is closed to new replies.