Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Showdown! AA vs RAC
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

European cover, who does it best?

andyl
    Free Member

I use these for UK: http://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/index.php

They don’t do european cover but recommend these: http://www.eurorescue.co.uk/

no idea if they are any good though.

jon1973
    Free Member

Have a look at Greenflag as well. I found them very competitive, epecially for Euro cover. I think they all use local contractors abroad anyway.

AndyRT
    Free Member

cheers

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I’ve use the two that andyl links above.
    They are actually the same outfit (just two separate companies for UK and european)

OR

I’ve also sometimes upgaded my current account on a tempory basis (for a month) to include benefits of european breakdown and travel insurance, then reverted to free account after trip.

dooosuk
    Free Member

ADAC for European cover. It’s essentially the AA in Europe and also covers you in the UK.

andyl
    Free Member

if you go green flag then there is good cashback from Topcashback at the moment.

uplink
    Free Member

Top tip from my skint youth riding motorcycles all over Europe

The AA is by far the most economical way back from the South coast of France
    Run out of cash? bike broken down 😉 ?
    Never mind the AA will get you home 🙂

konabunny
    Free Member

Go to the cashback and moneysavingexpert type sites for this. Check which countries are covered in each deal!

5lab

its worth noting that european breakdown isn’t the same as UK. essentially you’re buying insurance, that will pay you for the cost of getting your car home. Everythings is done by contractors (all the transport etc). there are horror stories of cars being damaged in transit and owners unable to claim costs back (as the aa don’t have coverage of the car, you have to directly try and claim from one of the 5 people who transported the car across europe, which without being able to prove which of them did the damage is impossible).

I’d go with ADAC if they use their own crews

superfli
    Free Member

Been with ADAC for 5 years now and they’ve been great. 80euros/year for whatever vehicle m/bike or car/van, covers Europe and UK. They send teh AA to sort you out in the UK.
    They also cover you for the Nurburgring (which is how I got it) if thats any use

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Showdown! AA vs RAC’ is closed to new replies.