• This topic has 53 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by gil_.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • show your frosty/snowy biking pics from this weekend
  • rOcKeTdOg

a light dusting of snow last night and bitter cold wind this morning

BW 3 by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

3HDR by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

rOcKeTdOg

everyone out christmas shopping?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Liking the second one. My camera seems to be frozen at the mo’ – literally. Pics, hopefully, once it warms up.

Carpediem
    Free Member

Cwmcarn 26/11/10

epicsteve
    Free Member

druidh
    Free Member

epicsteve
    Free Member

Druidh – I nearly stopped to take a picture at that very spot this morning myself.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Been out but didn’t take any pictures 🙁

Shame really as it’s been a beautiful winters day round these parts

Drac

My bike stranded 14 miles away and the others need maintenance, add to that I’m nights and there’s about 4 feet or more in the hills here it’s not happening.

druidh
    Free Member

epicsteve – any idea what it’s for? Solidly made, and with a grippy textured surface, it looks like some sort of podium.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I thought it might be for getting on and off horses but I’ve no real idea!

druidh
    Free Member

Yeah, I thought of that too – being next to the bridge. But then they’d need one on the other side too (unless horse riders always go across the bridge the same way?}

mamadirt
    Free Member

Only ventured to the local woods today – seeing that pic up there I’m glad I passed on Cwmcarn . . . brrrrrrrr!

Not a lot here where there’s tree cover but enough on the open slopes for a bit of fun 8)

simonralli2
    Free Member

I’ve been working today but hopefully I’ll get out tomorrow morning.

Carpediem
    Free Member

Cwmcarn was fine.90% of the DH had tree cover.Only the section before the road drop was ‘interesting’

StuF

I’d forgotten how much fun it is to ride in the snow

robgarrioch

Great sky in yer 2nd pic ‘dog..

The view south west from Allermuir in the Pentlands at 10am or so –

BoardinBob

Drac

Hmmm it does seem to be that we’ve had the worst/best of it. Due another heavy night of it too.

Ed-O
    Free Member

Here’s the Ibis Tranny up above Hebden Bridge. Not enough snow to spoil the ride, but frozen hard ground to make it fast rolling.

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

This is what the Long Mynd looked like this morning. I do love riding in snow! 😀

epicyclo

Near Ben Wyvis

Mowgli
    Free Member

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Snowing like a bastard today in the south-south-eastern tip of the Isle of Wight, basically the bit we were riding on, and nowhere else. Incredibly localised.

Because of this no one was for stopping much or hanging about to take pictures. I was thinking, “I’ll take a snowy bike pic when I got home.”

In actual fact, it wasn’t snowing anywhere else. There wasn’t even any snow when I got back to the car.

Great ride though. First outing on my new Alfine 29er. 😀

RichS

7hz
    Free Member

Pisted these in another thread, but what the heck.

Glentress today:

Full size and more pics of non-snow MTBing and other stuff at http://www.flickr.com/photos/30225435@N00

iwluap

stuartie_c
    Free Member

dean1 by stuartie_c, on Flickr

R1016636 by stuartie_c, on Flickr

West Fife this afternoon. All the snow fell in the space of about an hour last night. I was in the pub and one minute it was clear then it started a full-on blizzard. I had to battle home against the snow-laden north-easterly with only my kebab as a shield.

rOcKeTdOg

kebab shield LOL

ianv
    Free Member

IMG_2573 by ianvincent, on Flickr

Above Ogden, first off road ride since dislocating my shoulder. Not sure it was a good idea as its hurting like hell now.

Northwind

Tried to bed in new brake pads on the Carrera last night. Failed.

Didn’t make it to the trailbuilding session today so got a wee ride in today.

druidh – Member

“epicsteve – any idea what it’s for? Solidly made, and with a grippy textured surface, it looks like some sort of podium.”

There’s another one by the Ranger’s centre so maybe they are horse-ist dismounters as suggested. Either that or my order for Mmmbop hangers has been misunderstood.

coastkid
    Free Member

East Lothian today,not that deep yet (4-6″)and a bit wet but should freeze tonight and forcast tomorrow is for more 😮

CheesybeanZ

Only a light dusting of snow but chuffing cold

keyses2

Malverns this afternoon/early evening

rOcKeTdOg

no one ride today?

hairyscary

I did and it was great!

epicyclo

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    no one ride today?

Sure did – 5 hours or more – totally knackered. Loads of deep snow.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Helvellyn on Friday:

solamanda
    Free Member

Woburn Today

rOcKeTdOg

what bike is that epicyclo?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘show your frosty/snowy biking pics from this weekend’ is closed to new replies.