Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • show us your…kids bikes. (esp little ones)
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

think this was done before but cant find the thread.
    extra points for concoctions and modded bikes as well…

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

Other little one has a beinn 20 large too, but only had it a few days and don't have a picture to hand.

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

(sorry fudged that up good and proper)

Tracey

Abigale and Katie both started on this

then onto these, both modified to triple chain rings and rapid fire shifters

Once out grown on to these, mods were disc brakes and rapid fire shifters

and then to these

Katie then progressed through these

mods Rev forks and disc brakes wheels and tyres

To this

Abigale got this

Which has been transformed to this

They also have these

Most of the 26" wheel ones have been built up on a very tight budget and from the sale of the out grown bikes

Tracey

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Excellent!

I hope my Sam follows me down the biking route (and loses the dummy!)

MM

firestarter
    Free Member

before she could ride tho she still likes trips out in her own car 😉

and now shes a big girl. tho cant get her to wear sensible clothes as shes a proper girly girl with god knows how many sets of shoes lol

firestarter
    Free Member

very cool tracey i can see some expensive christmas and birthdays on the cards in years to come lol

Tracey

We found that shopping around and saving stuff pays off in the long run
    Katies old Coiler was a lightened up version of Kevins, we have built up the Enduro and when working out the costs after splitting the Coiler and selling some other stuff from the back of the garage we have made a bit of money
    Abigales Reign was built from frame and parts from Ebay and the classifieds, and then pimped from parts we had.
    Katie wanted some white pedals for the Enduro after it had been powdercoated, we had some light green V12s in the garage that if we could have sold would have been replaced with white ones, couldn’t sell them so they were stripped and sprayed with radiator paint which we had left.
    When we picked up her frame [£250 with a new shock] it had been sold with a head set but the chap couldn’t find it so he threw in bars, stem, seat and post and a hope clamp, all which have been utilised and other stuff from the Coiler then sold on.
    It doesn’t cost an arm and a leg to build up a good bike cheaply

Tracey

joolsburger
    Free Member

My four year old is on one of these

Nice and light, brakes are adjustable for reach and he loves the colour.

Older lad who's 8 is on a Dawes Rocket which had been great now I'm toying with either a 24 inch GT or Felt or a 13 inch jump frame with 26 inch wheels as he is quite tall but I think I'm likely to buy him a 24 for now.

Top.Dog
    Free Member

Specialized HotRock at Glentress Skills Loop earlier this year

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

The daughter's bike. She'll be moving up to 24 inch next year.

And the daughter on mine…

MoreCashThanDash

My 6 year old has learnt to ride on one of those Ridgeback MX16s this summer – he'll be moving onto a 20" wheel next year. The MX16 has been great for him, light and simple. An ebay bargain!

Tracey – great photos – what a record of them growing and developing as riders.

SilentSparky
    Free Member

CNOC16 & Scoot:

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Here is my daughter, aged 3, getting some downhill practice in on her wooden balance bike! She is getting a pink (it had to be pink!) Ridgeback Melody for her 4th birthday with matching Giro helmet so my 22 month old son will be inheriting the balance bike!

matthewjb
    Free Member

Here's a selection of what my kids have had:

All good bikes. Islabikes particularly good.

Saddle now at a more sensible height

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘show us your…kids bikes. (esp little ones)’ is closed to new replies.