Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Show us your Winter Warming Wood burners
  • Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Just finished a Stovax install this week. Small dog gives thumbs up 😆

Drac

Bugger can’t find where I have my photo.

Nice by the way and great to see a Border loving it too, ours plonk himself right in front.

bedmaker

I took a video of mine to show a customer how much nicer the flame effect in a stove can be compared to an open fire. Ironically it was to put him off fitting a stove like that one^ 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YX2zmmwPUo[/video]

munkster
    Free Member

“I can has heat too” sez heat cat…

ps – yes I know the fireplace is a mess, but the burner is nice and warm!

globalti
    Free Member

Before I fitted a false cedar mantle on the front:

Harry_the_Spider

chewkw
    Free Member

Daisy_Duke wins with that huge fireplace … you can spit roast a pig in there. 😀 I like!

Swelper
    Free Member

Fantastic selection. Nothing beats cold nights infront of a burning stove. The smell, ambient noise and mesmerising flames.

Wish I could fit one in my house.

Bunnyhop

Apart from munkster ^^ everybody has really neat, tidy and clean fireplaces. Ours looks a real mess.

Shmikuk
    Free Member

Wow, now they are proper fireplaces.
    Ours replaced a 70s backboiler earlier this year:

The cats seem to like it!

cinnamon_girl

They all look very nice!

Harry_the_Spider

Got one in the play room too that we can’t light… for the next few years.

trailmonkey

munkster
    Free Member

Apart from munkster ^^ everybody has really neat, tidy and clean fireplaces.

😳 Ours is on every night at this time of year and just don’t get round to clearing it all up every day – took that photo just before I posted it so unstaged… I guess I could’ve tidied up a bit but didn’t want to disturb the heat-seeking moggy 😉

postierich
    Free Member

Keep them coming guys as we are having one installed in the New Year going for a modern burner though , Does £1150 sound reasonable to take out a back boiler and install new burner?

Stoner
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsE4YtzXZe8&feature=g-upl&context=G117eeAUAAAAAAAFAA[/video]

trailmonkey

Keep them coming guys as we are having one installed in the New Year going for a modern burner though , Does £1150 sound reasonable to take out a back boiler and install new burner?

hard to say. does that include price of burner, liner etc ?

Shmikuk
    Free Member

That sounds a good deal. It cost us that to have a hearth fitted, flue liner and wood burner installed and a chimney pot with bird cap. We’d already removed the back boiler, opened up the fireplace, and made good where the gas pipes used to run. You won’t look back, it’s primal!

Edit: 1100 quid to supply and fit hearth, liner, register plate, pot etc and install and sign off the burner. We bought the burner ourselves as we got a deal the fitter couldn’t better and happily recommended we went with it.

teasel
    Free Member

Sorry – p!sspoor photo…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I think I have it now…

matthewjb
    Free Member

DSCN1611 by Matthewjb, on Flickr

boblo
    Free Member

mybike
    Free Member

Thing behind wife’s bike

Rubber_Buccaneer

Come back nearer the end of January 🙁

supremebean
    Free Member

This is an install i did a few weeks ago. Not quite a ‘wood’ burner as such but a pellet boiler.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Rochey
    Free Member

I would love to put in a fire, how much would it cost? (currently have no fire place but when we bought the house there was a back boiler and a gas fire)

will
    Free Member

11.03.2011 by Will – B, on Flickr

Working:

04.01.2010 by Will – B, on Flickr

konadad
    Free Member

toasty

[/url]

timber

No picture of it, but one of our firewood customers has a stove that’ll take logs upto 3′ and either side of it you can stack a half cubic metre of wood in the fireplace. Huge fireplace. It covers half the breast end of the pub.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Rochey – Member
    I would love to put in a fire, how much would it cost?

Depends. I spent about £2,000 including the cost of the stove. We reused the stone from the previous fireplace which saved a bit. If you need the chimney lining then costs could be higher.

Shmikuk
    Free Member

In order to open up the fireplace that had been closed in around the back boiler/ gas fire combo, and make good of the concrete base for the hearth , move the lintel up two brick courses (aesthetics really) and make good the plaster work around it probably cost us 400 quid including materials. The charnwood 4 cost us about 500, and the rest as above cost us 1100 quid, so pretty much 2k. We shopped around quite a bit, and we were getting lots of quotes where the fitters insisted on scaffolding (extra 400 quid) to sort the chimney pot and flue liner. But the guy we used did it all off ladders, but had cherry picker option if access was an issue. A few companies wouldn’t even come out and quote without a deposit….obviously they didn’t get the job. We had ours done in June, and as they were quieter we could haggle a deal with most of them.
    Very happy with the woodburner and the installer/ follow up advice/ service. If anyone in Surrey wants details, let me know.

Bunnyhop

I’m not sure this will work.

Ours cost around £2,000. Included taking out the back boiler, lining, multifuel stove and fitting.

Edit: Arrrgghh – can somebody post my picture up please.

Bunnyhop

Whoops double post.

5thElefant
    Free Member

ourmaninthenorth

Bunnyhop’s boiler (so to speak) 😉

ourmaninthenorth

Anyone got one that’s a more, er, modern design?

We’re going to put one into our (1960s) house next year – want to keep it suitable (post)modern looking.

Simwit

Shmikuk, yes please for those details. Am hopefully moving into our new place near Hindhead on Monday and one of the jobs at the top of the list is to get a woodburner installed.

sandwicheater

5th Elefant, is that a stuffed dog?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

OMITN

I think mine (pictured above) is quite modern-looking (although the surround isn’t).

It is a Morsø

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Show us your Winter Warming Wood burners’ is closed to new replies.