Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)
  • Show us your sub 25lb bikes!
  • pinches
    Free Member

How does that On-one weigh 22.5lbs pinches? I’m suspicious…. BTW you have a curious saddle angle!

you either believe it or you don’t. at the end of the day, its sub 25lb as per the requirement of this thread, curious seat angle also known as “perspective” is actually almost flat

ianpinder
    Free Member

grumm
    Free Member

25lbs

Sorry just joining in with the hopelessly optimistic weight-weenying in this thread. 😛

ianpinder
    Free Member

grumm, i reckon you would come in under 25lb if it were not for the adjustable seatpost

aracer
    Free Member

Sorry just joining in with the hopelessly optimistic weight-weenying in this thread.

Was wondering how long it would take for one of the usual cynics who can’t understand the concept of a light bike to appear.

grumm
    Free Member

I understand that your bike would ride like a dog on anything vaguely interesting. 😛

mudshark
    Free Member

you either believe it or you don’t. at the end of the day, its sub 25lb as per the requirement of this thread, curious seat angle also known as “perspective” is actually almost flat

Well I was hoping for a bit of justification as I can’t see anything on your bike being lighter than on mine except the tyres and possibly the fork as I can’t see what that is. Obviously if my scales turn out to be inaccurate, and my bike actually lighter than I think, then that’s great! BTW, the saddle looks wrong compared to the window sill so thought I’d taken any possible perspective issues into account.

oldgit
    Free Member

Still a bit of room for weightloss, though I’m keeping it XT

tinsy
    Free Member

Well under the requirement, bathroom scales say 22lb but that could be a big fat lie.

trail_rat
    Free Member

22.1 lbs

organic355
    Free Member

Currently 23lb

tinsy
    Free Member

removed due to fotopic failing me!!!

epicyclo

Sam – Member
    Singular Pegasus, ~18lbs as shown

Not fair. Can’t buy. Me want.

Hurry up!

🙂

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Not Sure exactly, but well under 25lbs

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

24lbs:

P20

About 22lbs

timdrayton
    Free Member

crap pic but about 24lbs (including pedals, not weighed on the moon)

pinches you should stop borrowing vanessa felts scales to weigh your bike on

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

my old scale.

20.54 lbs, now on a spark, at 22 and a bit.

spark to be replaced now, with either a moots rigor mootis. or something else, maybe a msc, i (at 20kg heavier than doug) could give it more of a testing 😀

nicks
    Free Member

Both Sub 25lbs

Anthony
    Free Member

7907g so well sub 18lb. Could easily loose another lb if I wanted a bike that I never fancied actually riding.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Anthony
    Free Member

Lynskey, like buses….

silverpigeon
    Free Member

22.75lbs

njee20
    Free Member

Yes Dougal I wasn’t being facetious, it was a genuine query, in order to have made the frames that light there must be a compromise, I wonder if it’s longevity. Like you I’ve not kept an MTB longer than a year for a long time now, so I’m not that fussed! I’m very tempted by one next year, as long as they ride nicely!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Anthony – Member
    7907g so well sub 18lb. Could easily loose another lb if I wanted a bike that I never fancied actually riding.

I have no idea what I’m doing wrong, but my tripple butted pipedream Ti frame with pace RC31’s, Ti BB, 350g tyres & Ibeam carbon post & FX saddle, also SS, weighed in at about 20/21lbs, ho hmmm.

aracer
    Free Member

Like you I’ve not kept an MTB longer than a year for a long time now

Mine’s almost 3, and not getting replaced any time soon, so my attitude is slightly different – have to admit I’d be tempted by an MCS if I had the money spare, but then it’s not all about weight, and I still really like the way the Genius rides (and the remote shock adjust).

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

being bigger, and heavier and harder on a bike than dougal, i’m tempted by the carbon santa cruz blur xc. still under 2 kg’s. but said to be stupid strong/stiff…

but think it’ll be a ti ht instead!

shoefiti
    Free Member

I have no idea what I’m doing wrong, but my tripple butted pipedream Ti frame with pace RC31’s, Ti BB, 350g tyres & Ibeam carbon post & FX saddle, also SS, weighed in at about 20/21lbs, ho hmmm.

I was wondering what wheel/tyre combo he’s using to get it to that weight – is it a 29er too? does seem unnaturally light.

Edit: sorry i was actually looking at Sam’s bike – not the lynsky.

Kramer
    Free Member

in order to have made the frames that light there must be a compromise, I wonder if it’s longevity

I think the compromise is price. Strong light cheap, etc etc.

tinsy
    Free Member

There are certainly quite a few candidates for my “Gaudy anodizing” thread of last week. At least I dont feel so alone now.

njee20
    Free Member

Mine’s almost 3, and not getting replaced any time soon, so my attitude is slightly different

Do you pay retail for it? That’s the difference!

Kramer: yes the MSC is expensive, but not outrageously so, and yet it is outrageously light. I’m in between Oli and Dougal weight wise, so perhaps the three of us ought to try one for a comparison!

It’s all personal, I would never buy a Spark because I just don’t ever use remote lockouts and in my opinion they ride horribly if you don’t use it a lot. I like the Epic because you just don’t have to think about it. I imagine the MSC with an RP23 does ride quite nicely, and the lack of a remote lockout certainly isn’t a disadvantage as far as I’m concerned!

aracer
    Free Member

Do you pay retail for it?

Full retail no, but I don’t get free bikes.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Crack on 24lb, and properly thrashable with it.

pinches
    Free Member

Well I was hoping for a bit of justification as I can’t see anything on your bike being lighter than on mine except the tyres and possibly the fork as I can’t see what that is. Obviously if my scales turn out to be inaccurate, and my bike actually lighter than I think, then that’s great! BTW, the saddle looks wrong compared to the window sill so thought I’d taken any possible perspective issues into account.

Window is a large mirror! i’ve looked at a few photos of the same bike in the same room and the saddle looks the same, regardless of it actually being straight!

Not sure how you would like me to justify the weight really? i weighed literally every component as i built the bike originally apart from the wheels, regardless of which at worst i can still only get it to come out at 22.8lb even now! the tyres are nearly 200g lighter a pop at 440g, flyweight tubes 105g, i dont know what wheel build or fork is on yours to compare.

grotto
    Free Member

ti altitude sub 25lbs and the io sub 20lbs

Sam

sorry i was actually looking at Sam’s bike – not the lynsky.

DT Hubs, CXRay spokes, Stans 355 rims, tubeless, Karma rear, RRalph front. Lots of other light bits and pieces. Having no gears and no suspension really allows you to save quite a bit of weight 🙂 This was really as a show bike for people to pick up and go ‘oooh, isn’t it light’ Just because a lot of people have the preconception 29ers can’t be light fast bikes. As I normally ride it it’s probably around 19-20.

messiah
    Free Member

aracer
    Free Member

i weighed literally every component as i built the bike originally apart from the wheels

So weight is based on adding together all these part weights? A notoriously inaccurate method of weighing a bike.

njee20
    Free Member

DT Hubs, CXRay spokes, Stans 355 rims, tubeless, Karma rear, RRalph front. Lots of other light bits and pieces

None of which are that light, except for the spokes, you can go a fair bit lighter on everything else, particularly if it’s just for people to pick it up and go ‘ooo’!

aracer
    Free Member

Ti spokes too for a showbike, Nick

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Show us your sub 25lb bikes!’ is closed to new replies.