Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Show us your Scandal 29ers
  • rockitman

Spoke to On One yesterday and new stock coming in soon. Same colours as before. I'm torn between Pink & Racing Green…

Currently thinking green with electric green trim (discs, cables etc) Pics please for inspiration 🙂

scholarsgate
    Free Member

10.3kg

thomthumb
    Free Member

rockitman

Nice. Getting all excited now. What size are they both?

I'm looking at a 21". Anyone got one of those in pink or green?

scholarsgate
    Free Member

mines a 19.5", I'm 5'11".

rockitman

How do you find the forks scholarsgate? Thinking of getting the carbon ones but it will be weird being suspension free.

thomthumb
    Free Member

mine is an 18" i'm 5'11".

i love rigid bikes – although i dont ride on in the summer (when the ground is supposedly hard!!) – they are very direct, easy to move about and really make you appreciate what the trail/ tyres are doing.

rockitman

Really looking forward to getting some bar ends and being able to get out of the saddle on the climbs. Have a 575 at the moment and it's a real sit down and pedal bike, so this should be completely different.

29erKeith
    Free Member

21 inch in Black (it is black honest!)

Shred
    Free Member

18" frame and I am 5' 11"

pypdjl
    Free Member

Mines a 19.5, it's green under all the mud.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

The forks are cheap superstar carbon ones. It does seem to float down sections of single track that I ride on a rigid 26er. The bigger wheels really do same to be advantageous. Plus I like the immediacy of the power transfer.

rockitman

Thanks everyone. This may be a stupid question but are there any weight restrictions on the carbon forks? I'm just over 17st with kit (6ft 6" tall – so not that fat!) and don't want to snap them!

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Here's mine before suspension and gears

And after

Smuzzy
    Free Member

No Weight limit on the On-One carbon forks, read here

http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/?page_id=599

rockitman

Thanks Smuzzy

ronburgundy

Anyone use their Scandal 29er for xc racing? Im thinking about getting one for next year as a xc race/marathon bike. They look like they would do a great job but have never had much time on a 29er. What do you think?

p.s sorry for the hijack!

rockitman

Thanks Smuzzy.

No worries ron. XC is what intend to use it for. I won't say "racing" as I don't really do "racing" however I do take part!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Show us your Scandal 29ers’ is closed to new replies.