Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Show us your road rash! Came off this morning on the ice.
  • marionheck
    Free Member

So obviously winter is fast approaching, aberdeen this morning was an absolute ice rink, hit some ice and came off. First experience of road rash. Stings a bit doesn’t it!!!!

Bad phone pic.

I know it is not that bad, show us yours!!!

clubber
    Free Member

Are you Superman? Presumably you took the blue tights off because they’ve ripped? 😉

Hope it heals up soon.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Saw a bit this morning but only a little bit – I guess that was through tights? – owch – I don’t have any archived piccies I am afraid 🙁

marionheck
    Free Member

Yup that was through tights, might have to go to the LBS at lunchtime as I am not sure they are decent to ride home in 😯

bigG
    Free Member

My shoulder after I bounced off the road after hitting a dog on Saturday,,,,

marionheck
    Free Member

Any one got any good suggestions on what to cover it with, i have got a pad from the first aid box, but that is starting to soak through, so will go to boots soon. Any recommendations on dressings?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Big G should of taken the monkey suit off 8O.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

best dressing for that is granuflex / duoderm extra thin.

It will build up foul smelling gunk under it but it really does speed healing and reduce poain and scarring – and you leave it on for a few days and can bath and shower with it on.

marionheck
    Free Member

BigG – did that stick to bed sheets etc? you put anything on it to stop that sticking to clothes etc?

martinxyz
    Free Member

Is that not yer dog.. after it bounced off the road ;O)

marionheck
    Free Member

Thank you TJ – will go to Boots and pick some up.

bigG
    Free Member

I use non adherent dressings to cover it, micropore tape to hold it on. Yes, it hurts to peel it off but it’s less painful than having it sticking to everything I wear. Good news is that it’s drying out fine now.

When I went to casualty (I suspected a fractured wrist) the nurse took one look at it and said I’d done as good a job at dressing and cleaning it as they would so she left well alone. Her advice is to let the air to it rather than plastering with an adherent dressing. I’ve used those duoderm dressings before and it took ages to heal. Since then I’ve stuck to the nail brush and dettol to clean it, followed by non adherent dressing route.

and yes, I know I’m hairy but it keeps me cosy at night!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Show us your road rash! Came off this morning on the ice.’ is closed to new replies.