Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Show us your inappropriately served food
  • fasthaggis

hilldodger
    Free Member

the least ban-hammery version I could find, honestly mods

Shackleton

The only inappropriate thing about that is that I can’t see how you would get the sauce to stay put. Certainly not an option for gravy.

wombat

Have a picture, honest, back in a bit…

peterfile
    Free Member

Going to these gastro pubs is a bit like visiting your nan who has dementia. Chips served in a flower pot and burger on a bathroom tile.

Cougar

I photographed this crime against crockery in Cafe Cream in Minehead. Doubly irritating because the food had the audacity to be delicious.

mark90
    Free Member

wombat

[url=https://flic.kr/p/rTe34x]Fish Finger Sandwich[/url] by tomwhitehead98, on Flickr

bruneep

some great stuff on that facebook page

theotherjonv

Houns

In a flat cap?!

stinkingdylan
    Free Member

I hate the gastro pub trend of serving your food on all sorts of things, just as long as it’s not a plate.

Maltsters in Cardiff served me a burger and chips on a piece of **** wood which wasn’t even flat, so rocked all over the place spilling chips and peas everywhere.

I always give it back and ask for it on a plate.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

thegreatape
    Free Member

peterfile – Member

Going to these gastro pubs is a bit like visiting your nan who has dementia. Chips served in a flower pot and burger on a bathroom tile.

🙂

Jamie’s Italian served my brother and I some (admittedly delicious) lamb cutlets and various accessories in a series of ramekins on a plank of wood. A pair of plates were quickly summoned.

Northwind

I ordered an artisan craft ale from my favourite Hoxton microbrewpub and they had the sheer bad taste to serve it in a pint glass, not in a jam jar.

You know what’s ****ed up? Dressed crab. Meat served in its own head. Like serving mince in a cow’s skull.

thomthumb
    Free Member

peas in a mini colander on a hampshire bivi ride pub stop.

no photos though.

chip
    Free Member

theotherjonv

EEEWWWWWW!

That just made me feel sick.

I ****ing hate avocado.

chewkw
    Free Member

Crikey 😮

You know you don’t have to stab the avocado to kill it before you can eat it? 😯

That’s the first time I have seen someone got stab by avocado.

I bet those pretentious cooks (yes, cook) will start serving food on used toilet bowls next … 🙄

DougD

My old flatmate did that whilst trying to remove the stone from an avocado. The tool.

maccruiskeen

You know what’s ****ed up? Dressed crab. Meat served in its own head. Like serving mince in a cow’s skull.

On the plus side at least you get a free ashtray out if it.

The victorian’s used to serve Mock Turtle Soup in a cow skull, that said I used to have 1960’s Womans Own recipe book that used a skull too. Other recipes included steeping raw meat in water over night then ringing it out, serving up the cold squeezed meat juice as a treat for kids parties.

nealglover
    Free Member

I did exactly the same as the avocado pic using a knife to separate two bits of frozen beef.

It hurt quite a bit.

Cool pair of scars though.

nickc

this is genius, I’m soooo pleased I’m a veggie sometimes.

maccruiskeen

I’m soooo pleased I’m a veggie sometimes.

Yeah you veggies with your Jacket Potatoes. You people are savages.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Show us your inappropriately served food’ is closed to new replies.