Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Show us your Ibis Mojos
  • freeform5spot
    Free Member

I am almost there in the need one stakes and need a bit more encouragement! :mrgreen:

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

The only pic I could find from when I had mine.

dreednya

I am almost there in the need one stakes and need a bit more encouragement!

Me too 😀 Just none with crash damage 😯

beaker

God I miss mine…. buy one- you won’t regret it!

pedalhead
    Free Member

hmm I was –> this close <— to pulling the trigger on a Mojo, until the Blur LT Carbon was announced. I feel it is my duty to cause you to doubt your decision & spend another month at least in deliberation.

Ed-O
    Free Member

Any excuse to get this photo out

…and this from the other day

pedalhead
    Free Member

Pretty sure I’ve seen that first one on MTBR somewhere :-). Ace picture.

grumm
    Free Member

Is that Rosset Gill?

takisawa2

Are they really that good then…?
    They look fragile, but I’d have one in a flash.
    I’d have to sell the car mind… 🙂

That chap with the green one pictured on a balcony will be along soon I guess. I’m clearing off before he does. Jammy bugger.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yes.

And the pic was in STW…

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

Ed-O, where is that 1st pic? looks awesome!

numplumz
    Free Member

fun bike…..shame the prat riding it isn’t so stylish!

Monster all day fun ride in the hills, but if pushed I’d say the Blur LT2 rides better, but that could just be the Pace….sorry DT suspension. They still don’t do damping to match Fox.

pinches
    Free Member

what does the lopes link do on the mojo? i really want one of these frames

benjag
    Free Member

Oh go on then!

grumm
    Free Member

If that pic was Rossett Gill there’s some more pics in this thread – http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/best-descent-in-the-lakes-area

pedalhead
    Free Member

Lopes link stiffens up the rear apparently. Pretty much the only critisim of the original was a bit of flex.

benjag
    Free Member

The lopes link is supposed to stiffen up the back end, I haven’t got one and don’t notice the back flexing anyway (100kg) going to fit a DT swiss 10mm RWS when I get my new wheels. I had my first proper ride in the biblical rain in the peaks yesterday. I was worried it wouldn’t descend as well as my coil heckler but it is even better, well impressed down the rushup edge steps and rocks :mrgreen:

dammit…too slow!

Ed-O
    Free Member

Rossett Ghyll yes.

Lopes Link does stiffen the rear. It is a noticeable difference.

Here’s the Mojo at the Kidland DH race

dreednya

I was worried it wouldn’t descend as well as my coil heckler but it is even better, well impressed down the rushup edge steps and rocks

Awesome – I’d be coming from a heckler as well :mrgreen:

mos

My dad took his mojo sl for a week in the alps with no probs.

Algore
    Free Member

Just waiting on my wheels to arrive then mine will be all built up. Lopes links don’t cost much extra so bought one with the frame.

If anyone wants to buy my blue new unused original upper links drop me an email.

twohats
    Free Member

My mate took his Mojo to the Alps for a week and all that happened was his swingarm cracked.

titusrider
    Free Member

They are truely awesome, got a lopes link for mine now, which does make a bit of difference. its worth draging some reasonable size tyres around too to help it hold its line when you have a light build. im now running 2.3 high rollers and they are perfect. Also putting 36’s on mine and taking it to the alps in a couple of weeks i cant wait 🙂
    more picies:
    http://s711.photobucket.com/albums/ww117/titusrider/

Rich
    Free Member

They remind me of these.

The orange one looks lurvly though.

benjag
    Free Member

I went to Stif thinking of getting the powder blue one, then I saw the orange one in the flesh and that was that (btw that photo does it no justice it actually looks even better!!)

I’ll be changing to Lyrik solo’s and new wheelset to get it to a 28lb build.

2hats, where did it crack? I’m certain that Scot or Hans at Ibis would be very eager to help your mate out.

edit….alloy+steel frames also break!

mrcamel
    Free Member

I guess you’ve seen the cheap ones that stif are doing at the mo, thats quite some saving!

pinches
    Free Member

i’m 5ft11 what size mojo would suit me for “all mountain” riding? should i get a medium or a small and run a longer post?

pedalhead
    Free Member

I think the Mojo comes up a bit small anyway, so I’d suggest you’re looking at medium or large.

titusrider
    Free Member

deffo medium, im 5’7 and ‘just’ fit a medium (standover is quite tight) but feels lovely in the saddle

smurf
    Free Member

I’m 5 foot 11 and have a large with a 70mm stem. It was the size Ibis recommended for me. I’ve got a natural carbon one, built up to about 26.5lbs

smurf

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

How durable is this frame from rock dings and other damage? Mr MC posted a few weeks ago about buying one of these and he really wanted one and loves the with frame however what’s talking him out is the durability/toughness of carbon fibre and now he’s not so sure (was looking at a Santa Cruz Nomad). Oh he’s not interested in material BS as he is a material scientist he wants to know the real world info, is it quite tough? How do they hold up in the Alps? On the lift racks etc?

pinches
    Free Member

hmm i ride an 18″ inbred with a 70mm now, i’d go medium i think not a large

mamadirt
    Free Member

Munqe-chick – if you’re after a Nomad check out ebay.com. There’s a USA shop with 3 new small frames in stock (black ano, polished and white), may be other sizes too – all less than $1300 each (think they work out at about £900 shipped at today’s exchange rate . . . plus another 20% or so for import duty etc).

Fozlett

Pinches – I’m around the 5’10” mark and ride a large with a 70mm stem – feels spot on for me – the medium came up a wee bit short in the top tube department.

Best to try both sizes if you can, but as Pedalhead says, they do size up a little smaller.

smurf
    Free Member

Ibis web site has frame size detail.

smurf

smurf
    Free Member

On the toughness point, I’ve had my frame covered in paint protection film by armourfend. They supply and fit a special film to stop stone chips on cars. It’s working so far on the bike and it’s nearly invisible – you can just see the edges in some lights. It’s only suitable for the frames that don’t have the soft touch finish – mines an older plain carbon one with the hard finish

I’ve used it on several motorbikes to stop the leathers damaging the paint and whilst it wasn’t cheap to do the bike (I did get the frame for a grand though) it’s now very well protected from stones, scrapes etc. You can buy a DIY kit which would be enough for the downtube and a few other areas. It is a bit of a bugger to fit well though – a fair bit of the cost I paid was time to fit it.

They are based just off the A10, north of London and should have kept the design as well so they can set off their cutter machine if anyone else wants theirs doing!

smurf

pedalhead
    Free Member

smurf…can you reveal how much you paid for the armourfend treatment? Cheers 🙂

shredder
    Free Member

Just waiting on the fork for mine 2010 140mm QR15 Talas, ive gone matt clear SL with red Lopes link. Everything else is in stock cant wait !!

I ended up getting a framsskin protection kit from a guy over on the Ibis forum on MTBR. Lazer cut and shipped from Oz for twenty odd quid if I remember correctly.

Daffy

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Show us your Ibis Mojos’ is closed to new replies.