Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Show us your climbing frames
  • mos

Ey up, i’m planning on building a wooden climbing frame for my daughter this summer & i’m after a bit of inspiration. I’ve seen the timber jobbies that cost about £1500 from toys-r-us & the other oinline spots, but my theory is £1500 can buy a shed load of timber for something altogether more interesting.
    Anyone built something for their little un that they would like to share?

Stoner
    Free Member

IIRC about £100 for the swingset, £100 for the slide and another £300 for materials.

theres a rope ladder and door on the back side. I cut some of the roof tarp material to make flap doors to shut the playhouse down in winter

mos

Liking that stoner.

Stoner
    Free Member

ta.

its based around an 8′, 12″x12″ gate post sunk 3′ into the ground and postcreted in. 6’x6’x6′ house on top with a ridge board and a couple of diagonal rafters to hold the tarp up makes a lightweight but waterproof roof. I put eyelets in the tarp and used elastic rope around cleats to tie it down. The swingset is bolted to the house to help with stability and also let them climb along the top pole into the house when theyre abit older. 18mm ply floor adds rigidity too.

I swung around on it like a demented baboon to test it before letting the kids on. Steady as a rock.

theflatboy
    Free Member

stoner’s second picture looks like it’s of MC Escher’s climbing frame!

peterfile
    Free Member

Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

I have a similar plan to the OP. It terms of cost and lifespan the best material choice would seem to be treated pine, anyone have any comments regarding using this for children’s play equipment.

Its impossible to get any of the friendlier ACQ stuff here so would have to be CCA. CCA has been banned here in Australia for use in council park playgrounds etc. But unless the kids manage to ingest a couple of kg’s of the wood I can’t see it causing any harm?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Show us your climbing frames’ is closed to new replies.