Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Show us your bike sheds
  • Cyclenaut
    Free Member

Hello all!

So there's a bike shed in my future. I'm looking for some ideas of how to lay it out, so if you've got a shed you are proud of, let's see it!

Any info on securing it is also appreciated.

ourmaninthenorth

Good grief – that's a name from the dark past of STW..!

Search the Garagr p0rn thread from yesterday – good shed in there.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

I'd love to show you my shed, 3 lovely shiny bikes worth over 6k, I'll even tell you how they're secured shall I? 🙄

Wasn't there a thread on here not so long back asking how many bike thieves used this forum?

uplink
    Free Member

just for you cheesy

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Dammit…there's cctv in my room now 😉

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

cyclenaut isn't a bike thief, she wouldn't get very far doing what she does! 😉

as an old skool forum dweller she'll also no doubt be sniggering at eat_more_cheese in his tin foil hat

anyway 🙄

we hang ours by the wheels cyclenaut, all in a row alternating front and back wheel uppermost. you can angle them to take up less space as well. there's some nice cycle specific hooks available but we just used cheap plastic coated ones form B&Q.

Our Yale wireless alarm system has enough range to put a PIR and 2 door sensors in there

[smiley added for cheese's benefit]

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Wasn't for a minute suggesting she was a bike thief! I'm sure however it would make some thieving scumbags day if we were all to post pics of where our bikes are kept overnight and how they're locked up.

Cyclenaut
    Free Member

Thanks Mike. I'm pretty well sorted on how to hang them. I plan to fancy things up with some diamond plate on the wall where the wheels will rest. And peg board, or slat wall, or both. Mua ah ah ah aaaah!

I'd read up on the idea of wiring it to the house alarm. It will be at the back of the garden. How much distance will those PIRs cover?

And Cheese: I'm really sorry that you won't share as it was your shed I was particularly targeting for my grand plan of stealing shed loads (see what I did there) of bikes. Oh well. Your diligence has saved you…This time.

OurMan: I've been lurking. Never really went away. 🙂

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

there's no need to worry about it, google more than likely have already supplied would be bike thieves with more than enough photographic material to case out your castle

if it's the shed i'm thinking it is then it's probably too far from the house but you could install a separate alarm just for the shed, they don't cost too much and you could leave it armed when you are in the house for added security. peg boards for tools are ok but restrict what you can take with you when you go away, i keep all mine in a niuce messy oily tool box with random spare bits, it's the way a real tool box should be

old pic and old bikes but you get the idea:

Android
    Free Member

🙄

Wasn't for a minute suggesting she was a bike thief! I'm sure however it would make some thieving scumbags day if we were all to post pics of where our bikes are kept overnight and how they're locked up.

Surely it doesn't matter what the inside of your shed looks like, or how your bikes are secured. Unless you put your postcode on your post, it could be anywhere in the country. A bit paranoid if you ask me 🙄

tinribz
    Free Member

Less of a shed more of a man-cave:

Amazing wot you can do with a circular saw when you get carried away.

Olly
    Free Member

thats perfect tinribz!!

thats exactly as i want my garage (when/if i get a house :'( )

Cyclenaut
    Free Member

That's nice work Tin! Thanks for that. I particularly like the workbench with room for legs while sitting. I like to sit and work on stuff.

Mike: The shed that is there is going bye bye, and a new one will stand in it's place and span the width of the garden. And I currently have two tool boxes, but I'd like to have some basics that are separate from that. And a headset press and remover just because… 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Show us your bike sheds’ is closed to new replies.