• This topic has 20 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Show us some touring pictures.
  • ton

and tell us where and when.
    the more remote the better is good too. 8)

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Tenerife from a few years back. At the time I had a friend who lived out there so I used his house as a base camp and explored the south of the island. Stunning riding and planning to go back on a road bike.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Just about to descend the devils staircase with about 5 days of food 2 years ago. Nothing special just some time running around a few tracks in Scotland. Still fun though.

13thfloormonk

Posted these ages ago but haven’t done anything since 🙁

Approaching Sandwood Bay.

Leaving Cape Wrath heading for Durness.

Heading to Shenavall from the Fionn Loch causeway in the Fisherfields.

Getting a bit more realistic with the MTB touring plans for future trips, think I’ll leave the camping gear behind and just hostel hop… Fancy doing the coast of Scotland on the CX bike with an Extracycle trailer in the next few years, think it would be a brilliant trip.

13thfloormonk

Thebrick, is that a trailer on your bike?

iDave
    Free Member

Sinai desert, Mitla Pass, with a self timer. 1989

boblo
    Free Member

iDave, is that a tank?

iDave
    Free Member

It’s a dead tank from the 1973 war

zookman
    Free Member

Turkey.

With the Tabriz cycling club in Iran.

Loads more here.
    Link

slugwash
    Free Member

My trusty old Saracen Trekker next to the Dead Sea, 1989 on the way to the Sinai and on to Cairo…

BTW, amongst other military detritus I came across an abandoned steam locomotive somewhere in the middle of the Sinai 😕

TheBrick
    Free Member

Thebrick, is that a trailer on your bike?

Nope small carradice rear panniers. Rucksack on back on rough bits strapped across the top on smoother tracks / road / cycle-paths. Devils staircase was the roughest I rode on the trip so nothing very technical the panniers were ok.

iDave
    Free Member

@slugwash – I recall the weather was a tad on the warm side in the area of your pic?

trail_rat
    Free Member

the mrs out side twizel NZ

lindis pass nz

mavora lakes road

west highland way

calgary bay , isle of mull

had a little incident parking the trailer when helping my friends with the tandem + trailer combo

worth it for these views though

slugwash
    Free Member

@slugwash – I recall the weather was a tad on the warm side in the area of your pic?

Scorching, but dry desert heat is miles better than humid tropical heat 🙂

Mexico 1995…

BTW, I read your MBUK article when I arrived back in the UK sometime in 1990 and I did Wadi Quelt before you ever did 😉

iDave
    Free Member

Fair play, but I did it on a Marin, with a broken wrist….

slugwash
    Free Member

Fair play, but I did it on a Marin, with a broken wrist….

One guy I rode it with did it on a MTB with drop handlebars before carrying on to Nigeria. Wonder what happened to him? The letters stopped arriving shortly after he left the Sudan 😉

I’ll never forget stopping to gawp at St George’s Monastery in Wadi Quelt, just before a monk leant out of a window and lobbed a couple of bin bags down into the gorge 🙁

St Georges Monastery (not my picture)…

spandex_bob

Iceland interior, a couple of months ago.

P6060270 by rob_j_hopkins, on Flickr
    Plenty more here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/96661824@N00/sets/72157627193778531/

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

spandex_bob

Nice pics

DFaffMaster

Lhasa to Kathmandu via Everest Base Camp

[/url] Lhasa to Kathmandu Mountain Bike 250 by Mountybiker, on Flickr[/img]

Great Divide Mountain Bike Trail

[/url] Soaking up the View by Mountybiker, on Flickr[/img]

And finally this years trip complete with new Wildcat Frame Bag in the good old UK. Rode from the house up the Pennine Bridleway to the Yorkshire Dales, then through the Dales up to Barnard Castle, across the Pennines to the Northern Lakes. Then back South towards the Forest of Bowland and home.

A lot easier than the other trips but a lot more relaxing due to the frequent pub stops 😛

30072011737 by Mountybiker, on Flickr

DFaffMaster

Iceland will be next I think after seeing those photos! Thanks

Bez

Iceland interior, a couple of months ago.

Look at that, the **** looters have had away with all the frozen pizzas and everything.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Show us some touring pictures.’ is closed to new replies.