Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Show me your…non-bikey headwear
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve been wearing something that looks very much like this for many years

So has Brian Johnson from AC/DC.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

I’ve been wearing something that looks very much like this for many years

So has Brian Johnson from AC/DC.

😀

As I read that, I thought it was going to say ‘Brian Johnson from Test Match Special’.

It keeps my head warm and hides my thinning scalp – so all good

neilnevill
    Free Member

that’s a newsboy cap, I like it

chewkw
    Free Member

flashinthepan – Member
    I’ve been wearing something that looks very much like this for many years – and well before Peaky Blinders was born. It doesn’t have razor blades in the peak and my trousers are not ‘half mast’

I was going to buy one similar to that from Debenhams but they sold out so never get to wear one. It’s for winter only. 😀

flashinthepan
    Free Member

that’s a newsboy cap, I like it

Well, I am effortlessly cool as f***.

Don’t copy me.

jamj1974

In a bar with colleagues tonight. Two dicks thought they were the stars of Peaky **** Blinders. Looked like divs. By all means wear a flat cap but not in a late license bar in a large city. Very efforty…

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Whatever I’m wearing on me bonce, I pair mine up with a pair of headphones to keep my ears warm/ stop it getting blown off.

These are great for this time of year.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F262414979644

You’ll only look like Elmer Fudd if you go for the check pattern.

chakaping
    Free Member

Used to wear a flat cap or something like that newsboy cap from Muji, dunno where they all went though. Couldn’t find them after we moved house.

Now just wear one of my many woolly hats in the cold, baseball caps in milder weather.

Lowe Alpine mountain cap if its raining.

kayla1
    Free Member

OH has a couple of flat caps, one Harris tweed flat cap and something else. He rocks them rather well. He enjoys a baseball cap too, but they’re all pretty old and beaten up and way nicer than those stupid flat peak, pulled down over the lugs, chump lids the kids are wearing nowadays. Goodness me, I’m old…

metalheart
    Free Member

I have a variety of beanies as they can easily be stuffed into a jaikit pocket when inside (and therefore not forgotten/lost).

In the summer I wear a baseball cap of some sort. Usually Animal as I quite like their shape. Which I need to stuff down the arm of my jaikit when inside to avoid leaving it… 😳

But then again I’m an al’ mannie wi nae hair who burns in the sun so needs protection from both extremes…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Flat Caps eh, well at least you are easy to spot.

Shirley d’rigure bonnet of choice on here is either :

Or

chip
    Free Member

teasel
    Free Member

I like that Perchypanther, in order to make a point, uses an image of someone that’d look cool even if he was wearing nothing but a lump of festering dogshit on his head.

🙂

funkmasterp

A good beanie, woolly bucket hat or military cap are my choices

hodgynd
    Free Member

In a snap poll taken a couple of weeks back at a KTR night out in Newcastle ( Ed Banger & The Nosebleeds/ Nikk Gig ) it was found that only 1in8 of our group wore any head gear ..admittedly a flat cap, his whippet out of sight under the table and his pigeon fanciers news tucked away in his back pocket … he is also the only non mountainbiker pictured 😉

20171111_195239 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

sbob
    Free Member

I’ve had many hats but I am perhaps best known for my bowler.
    In spite of the OP, aerodynamically it is incredibly stable so quite suitable for cycling.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I like that Perchypanther, in order to make a point, uses an image of someone that’d look cool even if he was wearing nothing but a lump of festering dogshit on his head.

Not true. Even Brad looks like a dick in one of these…..

MrSmith
    Free Member

Wearing hats indoors? 😐

binners

The only hat for the suave, sophisticated gentleman about town

Hand-knitted by Scottish grannies, and what’s oresently keeping my big bald bowling ball of a bonce all toasty 🙂

kayak23

I wear a quality cadet cap from Village hats.

I look as sexy as hell in it.

teasel
    Free Member

Not true. Even Brad looks like a dick in one of these…..

Nope – still cooler than you look in your flat cap, though he’s pushing it a bit with that shirt.

CountZero

Most of the time I wear a six-panel duckbill cloth cap, somewhat like Brad’s wearing in the first pic, if cold any one of a large-ish collection of knitted beanies, and if it’s wet and cold, either my waxed cotton Tilley hat, or Canadian Winter Tilley, which is wool, with neat little flaps that fold down to keep the ears and forehead warm.
    My favourite duckbill I bought from a market stall selling hats at the local folk festival around six years ago, plain black cotton, and just really comfy to wear. It’s now a sort of mid grey, and holes are starting to appear along seams, so I’ve found several almost identical replacements ready for the day it falls apart.
    Looks like this one:

tjagain

I have a black bunnet with ear flaps that can be folded down for everyday use ( sound as a bunnet – with the ear flaps folded down very practical but you look like a pervert), I have a fedora for going out and I have a panama for whan its sunny. I also have a clooection of mountaineering hats ie fleecy things

But I also have luxuriant locks so only need a hat for warmth when I cut my hair very short

Bunnet is one of these – I am sure you all know what a fedora and a Panama are
    http://www.hatsandcaps.co.uk/kangol-wool-504-earflaps-flat-cap-dark-flannel-p106076/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzIXciOTL1wIVqxXTCh0hnAZgEAQYASABEgLghvD_BwE

tjagain

Of course there is this – very warm hat – its was somewhat cold that day
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/21DYGfJ]11224714_10152851261858388_6866801339639029809_n[/url] by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

teasel
    Free Member

Heh

You look like a **** gnome…!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Hovering around zero. Smart wool Bernie

Hovering around -6 thinsulate insulated tradesmans “Tammie”with obligatory rolled up sides ala burglar.

Warmer times un or very lightly branded baseball/truckers caps. Being of longer hair as oppose the no hair camp

kayla1
    Free Member

I’ve just remember OH has a Smirnoff branded faux fur Russian hat thing as well, which he also manages to pull off, annoyingly 😡

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’ve just remember OH has a Smirnoff branded faux fur Russian hat thing as well, which he also manages to pull off, annoyingly

An Ushanka is a difficult look to pull off.

I have a russian made, rabbit fur ushanka and I spectacularly fail to look cool in it.

Fortunately I don’t give a shit.

It is, however, so warm that I can only wear it when the temperature falls to polar extremes.

SaxonRider

drlex – Member 
    No one stylin’ the Kangol beret like Samuel L?

I have wondered the same thing. Because frankly, it looks kinda cool.

And I always like whatever it is that Bono is wearing on his head in the Unforgettable Fire period:

trail_rat
    Free Member

have wondered the same thing. Because frankly, it looks kinda cool.

That’s samual L Not the beret.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Show me your…non-bikey headwear’ is closed to new replies.