Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • show me your summer seasons please – 150mm travel
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

ive just built one – and im sceptical about the HA …..

I have ridden it and it feels good to ride but it looks slacker than a chopper ….

let me see yours with 150 forks ….

t-p26
    Free Member

Its not a summer season or an No-one but it does have 150mm travel Terry 🙂

shindiggy
    Free Member

The Summer season’s where designed to run a shorter fork but still retain a slack head angle, only the original 456 was for long travel forks.

So a summer season with 150mm (which forks are running) very well likely be too much.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Bollocks .

Might resort to opening the forks and doing some cowboy shortening of travel by cutting yey olde springs And making them top out springs – think my mx comps will be too short !

That said – sit and spin she climbs no bother and point it down and it rips it doesnt ride like a bike with too long a fork on it ( like my ragley did with rebas )

Just looks horrific 🙂

shindiggy
    Free Member

Marzochi’s also have very long axle to crown heights for their given travel, so I can imagine how slack the head angle is. Go on, post a pic 🙂

as long as you like the way it rides, i would rush into bodging it,

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Here’s a link to a summer season running 150mm travel http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CBOO456SSTR/on-one-summer-season-trail-slx 🙄

trail_rat
    Free Member

Zulu im on my phone – put up the pic from my face book

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

There you go.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Z150s are 18 mm longer than the fox 150 on the link to on – one

Dancake
    Free Member

looks like you are going to have to give me that frame, which would suit my shorter forks nicely. Was going to buy one myself, but my freezer just blew up 🙁

Olly
    Free Member

FWIW, i ran it like that as a HT DH bike, so i knew it was going to be slacker than slack.
    it was good fun on STEEP descents, but other than that it was POOOOP.
    couldnt climb for toffee, and was just a boat on flatter stuff.
    sadly however, the fork was atrocious. A 3rd hand bag of wink, that i wouldnt sell, even on ebay. i think i would feel guilty giving it away.

I found out how to up the travel on my MX comps to 120, and it now has them on it and it rocks. Still a nice slack head angle, but not floppy, and without so much dead weight up front.

maybe with nice plush Foxes off mon patriot it would be ok, but its a big maybe

120mm slack hack is perfect i find

shindiggy
    Free Member

and for every 10mm you add half a degree to the head angle, so your head angle is an extra 1 degree slack.

Looks all right to me though

trail_rat
    Free Member

Its for the alps . Fair to say it will be steep

Have old school comp 24 / 16 combo so not looking to climb quick just winching !

We will see . My mx comp are limited to 100 iirc will look into that though !

Olly
    Free Member

they came in three types.

80mm, only run at 80mm

105s, and 120s, which are the same fork, but with a spacer in them to hold them down to 105.

if your going to the alps lift assisted, then fill your boots, it will be great fun 🙂
    just a bit of a dog to actually “ride” anywhere

Crag
    Free Member

How’d ya up the travel on 105mm bombers? Any links?

Olly
    Free Member
    angryratio
    Free Member

Concensus in our riding group seems to be a sweet spot of 130/140 depending on axle to crown of the fork.

Fork offset and crown to axle play a role. not just the travel.

hugor
    Free Member

This has a 160mm fork

TheBrick
    Free Member

**** my eyes!

1kcove
    Free Member

Untitled by chrisgiant, on Flickr

My New Orange 5 with 150mm travel & this is the Summer Season!!!!

alpin
    Free Member

please tell me that that is the work of an idle man and photoshop…….

wow!

1kcove
    Free Member

What do you mean alpin?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Lime green and pink vomit !

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

He means that nobody would be tasteless enough to build a bike like that one above with the Twin Rails.

Terry, 105mm MX Comps on my SS. Going to up them to 120mm though but rides awesome at 105.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I cant help but think my mx comps would shatter when riding in france 🙂

I may try it though !

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Oh no, I wouldn’t take them to France. Leave the big forks on and sod climbing ability!

1kcove
    Free Member

Well DaveyBoyWonder with a name like that you can only dream of having a bike like that?

hugor
    Free Member

please tell me that that is the work of an idle man and photoshop…….

nobody would be tasteless enough to build a bike like that one above with the Twin Rails.

No not photoshop but maybe a man without any taste!!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

1kcove – Member
    Well DaveyBoyWonder with a name like that you can only dream of having a bike like that?

Erm, I own a Summer Season (albeit not quite as ‘colourful’ as that one).

Is it special needs night on STW tonight?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Why is there a photo of an orange 5 in here ?

1kcove
    Free Member

Yes i now it’s posted in the wrong place !!!
    you were looking for pictures of old Hardtails with 150mm travel.

xiphon
    Free Member

Not a 456, but it’s a hardtail designed around 150mm forks…

trail_rat
    Free Member

Wow no changes Will be made rode kirroughtree today – that bike rips on anythin down

Hard work on ups and flats but it is heavy …..

Front end stays quite planted even on steep climbs but i have stuck on a fairly long comparitively speaking stem so thT probably helps

No problem with tight twistys either

Only issue i have is – other than the alps the only other use id have for this is in a downhill race – most of my riding iz all day epics in the hills where i dont really want to lug that about for the short decents we have .

This bike will do me an inJury it just encourages releasing the brakes and letting it go !

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘show me your summer seasons please – 150mm travel’ is closed to new replies.