Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Show me your Single speed Cyclo cross bikes… please!
  • nosemineb
    Free Member

Looking to strip mine back, and want some inspiration..
    Would like to know if ebb are better than chain tensioners? They look cleaner on the bike but are they any good?
    Any recommendation’s on drop bar brake levers?
    Should i get a specific Chainset or take a ring off the 10sp ultegra?
    Show us yours!

deejayen
    Free Member

Sorry, I don’t think I have a picture of my Kona Jake The Snake, but I stripped it back to run it as a fixie. I ditched the canti brakes and fitted an old pair of XTR V-brakes with the Dia Compe levers which are V-brake compatible. I used a White Industries ENO hub, which is fine – it allows chain tensioning, and the chainline was also fine with (I think) a single external chainring (48 teeth). I seem to remember fitting single chainring bolts and removing the inner ring. The 48 chainring is fine for road work – I think a 20-tooth sprocket gives a 65″ gear, and a 15 tooth sprocket an 86″ gear. I’ve tended to use the bike as a winter bike with studded tyres, so it’s a bit slow and lumbering on about a 69″ gear, but everything works. I’m thinking about selling it to help fund an MTB, and I’m wondering if it’s worth putting it back to original spec with gears etc!

oxym0r0n

Day 1 by oxym0r0n, on Flickr

Commuterised 😀 8 bolts to get the rear wheel out 😐

nickwatson
    Free Member

Here’s mine …

2010 Felt Breed. Running 39×16 gearing which gets me up most hills, but spins out too much on the road. Use it for commuting, which it excells at. Just added mini-v brakes, which make a world of diference over canti’s.

Nick

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Single speed Cyclo cross bikes… please!’ is closed to new replies.