Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Show me your SC superlights please….
  • vondally
    Free Member

Hello looking at a superlight as an enduro race bike, ideally the older one pre 08 (is that when they redesigned the swing arm?) any opinions on the build and estimated weight? Also can I put on a 120mm fork?

vondally
    Free Member

hello to the evening crowd 😀

shortcut

2009 lime green, reba forks, hope, thomson, Easton and SRAM kit in the main.

will1
    Free Member

shortcut
    any idea on the weight of that? Looks nice.

shortcut

No idea at all probably about 25lb, not built to be light, just comfy for long rides. It is a large and I'm no lightweight!

will1
    Free Member

Does it climb ok? Not being very fit I need all the help I can get!!

shortcut

Yes, a good climber. Not too much bob! Pretty reliable, goes through bushings though and not as well built as say a turner in terms of straightness and tolerances.

z1ppy

Just finished throwing it together, not really finished yet as a few bits are leant out or on my other bikes (wheel, brakes), new shape from 2007. Only had a spin round the local park so far with my kit, though have ridden it for 2 week last year when I my m8 first mentioned selling it. Fantastic piece of kit.

inbred853

New Small SC Superlight, recently pressed into service as my commuter, until I got my HT back from the powdercoater. First full sus bike, a lot more comfy to ride, time will tell if I truly like it.

megastream
    Free Member

Here's mine. Brake cable is being shortened this week 8)

Terra

How do you all manage to keep yours so clean?

z1ppy

mines not been used yet… (not that the previous owner used it a whole lot either)

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Here's a pic of my new one the day it arrived a few months ago

I also have a 2002 Superlight which is the model I think your refering to vondally, also a very good bike, that one's about 26lb but it has better wheels than the new one, but after riding the new one I do notice the rear end being a bit more flexy. I found the main pivot bearings to last ages on the old one but the lower shock bushes would wear quicker, don't know what the new one will be like yet for pivot and bush wear, you should be able to pick up a nice will speced older Superlight for a reasonable price?

xcstu
    Free Member

oh go on then 🙂

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

This is mine, got the frame from here for £300 last year. I absolutely love it. Now with 130mm Revs, HTII crankset and bigger anchors.
    The bushes and bearings were very loose when i got it but i think they were the originals from '03. It has done a hard year on the new ones and with the exception of the bolt coming loose once they feel as good as new. It's only £20 for the full set anyway.

I suspect the new design uses bigger bearings and mounts them in a more sensible way, probably slightly lighter too. The older design doesn't have a replacable hanger either, but the hanger is so chunky that it will be the mech that gets destroyed, not the frame.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

aRE THERE ANY GOOD DEALS ON THESE FRAMES ANYWHERE?

slowjo
    Free Member

DON'T SHOUT! 🙂

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Removes ear plugs….

Sorry 😉

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

vondally
    Free Member

Great folks v8 the 130 forks are okay on the frame then?? was thinking of 120mm max so guessing will be okay??

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Show me your SC superlights please….’ is closed to new replies.