• This topic has 64 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by cy.
Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Show me your Rocket!
  • mmel
    Free Member

Whilst on the subject of forks, does anyone run their Rocket with 140mm up front, and if so how does it fair?

majorspaniel

Mmel, your right that there isn’t much adjustment, just the air pressure and rebound, but to be honest the standard compression tune is really good, you won’t he disappointed we with revs though I liked the pair I had.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

My not so glossy rocket. Get them wrapped, with hindsight I shoulda woulda coulda. Great bike though.

mmel
    Free Member

theendisnigh – Perfect position for maintenance, love how the chain is stroking the carpet. Mrs. mmel just loves it when I’m working on the bike this way…

Black is looking good to me, don’t think I mind it going a little dull. Which areas would benefit most from a Heli wrapping?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Chain dragging on the lounge carpet. Gotta love stw!.

passtherizla
    Free Member

I think it looks good like that, My meta went dull after 1 ride and my 456 was like it when I got it, never bothered me.

Nice to see another lounge user, carpet is cleaner than mine is though 😉

New house has a garage! can’t wait.

metalheart
    Free Member

Black is looking good to me, don’t think I mind it going a little dull. Which areas would benefit most from a Heli wrapping?

The black bits… 😉

Top tube, down tube and the chain stays (and probably the seat stays….)

The black does look great when it’s new. It is ‘classy’. But it’s a mountain bike, it gets a battering….

Tbh if you don’t have a real preference, you’ll be happy with either. Don’t over think it!

johnj2000
    Free Member

Helitape in all the usual cable rub places and then on the seat tube at the point where the droplink suspension does its stuff. I found to my paint jobs cost that it fills with mud and grit and rubs away.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Just in case OP missed it on my build thread…

Cotic Rocket frame CTD shock
    Fox 36 160 float RC2 fit
    Formula RX brakes
    Sunline v1 745 bars
    HT AE01 pedals (on one thinnie)
    Pro2evo on flow ex wheels
    Renthal stem
    ESI grips in obligatory horrible blue.
    Saint shifter and mech 9 speed
    Renthal chain ring
    MRP G2 SL
    WTB weirwolfs that are awful but its all I got for now (probably go for tubeless rubber queens at some point.
    Reverb post
    SLX cranks
    Gusset R series saddle

mmel
    Free Member

Thanks for all the info chaps. Next question may be tough but hey ho, dig deep!

What’s not so good about the Rocket. What don’t you like, and is there anything that makes you look at another bike and think maybe I should of got that?

passtherizla
    Free Member

Too soon to tell with the rocket, but the transition covert makes my winky tingle.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

The carpet is extremely photogenic. its much more minging in real life. I’m planning to replace it so not so worried. Also I don’t lube my chain massively so it is usually dry.

I paid £1550 with rp23 and headset. When the el guapo with ccdb came out at £800 a couple of months later….well, I did wince a little. Anyway,its done now and I love the bike for descending. It is a steady climber too, but obviously not its forte. It loves hopping off natural features. Climachx.

Helitape the seat stays and top tube, but anywhere that gets splattered in mud gets it eventually. Its hard to wash the mud off without dulling the laquer. Bit of a rub down with beeswax furniture polish makes it look ok again though.
    You can see where I put a strip of helitape along the top tube but stopped 6″ short of the seat tube. Notice the sudden loss of gloss! Muddy shorts rubbing on seat tube. Ankles across seat stays. They are the worst offenders.

mattjg
    Free Member

One can helitape too much. A bike’s a bike.

If I hadn’t decided I wasn’t spending any more money on 26, I’d buy one of these!

theendisnigh
    Free Member

photos disappeared into the ether

here they are again

and when it was nearly new

mmel
    Free Member

Anyone feel their wheels are too small 😉

passtherizla
    Free Member

No.

Rosss
    Free Member

Is there anyone 6ft with a rocket? What size do you ride?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Too soon to tell with the rocket, but the transition covert makes my winky tingle.

Have you seen one in the flesh? My mates bike shop started doing transition about 6 moths ago, sold one in that time, and I’m not impressed by how they look at all. All my opinion obviously.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Seen a few I like them, they used to stock them at the Cannock shop.

Anything with a Horst style linkage however is an instant flacidifier.

I_Ache
    Free Member

the transition covert makes my winky tingle.

Quote of the week. I reckon Transition would could use that for advertising their cock and balls technology.

ndg
    Free Member

majorspaniel – any other feedback on the TS8’s? How well does the lift select work? I’m considering these over Rev’s but they’re a chunk more money! Where did you buy yours from?

passtherizla
    Free Member

Ha Ha, I’m full of penis gag gold. I think they should give me a job… or a bike, either will do.

majorspaniel

Ndg, I bought mine from wiggle, the lift select works really well but iv never used any other travel adjust fork. It came with a remote in the box, I fine it nice running the forks at 120mm on tamer stuff then at 150mm on bigger terrain, they’ve bedded in properly now. It took about 5-6 rides, they now feel a lot smoother and plusher than the revs they replaced, not to mention stiffer!! The double arch really makes a difference!

ndg
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback!

cy

If you’re 6ft then get the large. Short stems are great and dropper posts don’t have layback

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Rocket!’ is closed to new replies.