Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Show me your road bikes! done before but i'm sure there must be some new ones!!
  • JRTG
    Free Member

Love to see your road bikes. the more unusual the better!!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

First built 2 years ago:

And how it looks at the moment, not the best photo in the world I’m afraid….

Vortexracing

my two

P1040051 by eastham_david, on Flickr

IMG_2726 by eastham_david, on Flickr

simondbarnes
    mieszko
    Free Member

This is mine. Lemond Versailles, pretty unusual, one half OCLV 120 carbon, other half is True Temper Platinum OX steel 🙂 Dressed in mostly Ultegra 6600 with some Dura Ace bits (hubs and STI’s). Nice and light-ish at 19.4lbs. Great bike, I’m just not fit enough 🙂

mrmo
    Free Member

mudshark
    Free Member

2012 Trek Madone 5.9, am told it’s the 1st in the UK – I got the frame as a warranty replacement for my older one.

Crag
    Free Member

[/url][/img]

solarider
    Free Member

My 2 current road bikes of choice. You wanted unusual. Don’t see many of either around.

First up my Pegoretti Responsorium. Columbus XCR stainless steel from the master of steel. No photo can do the paintjob justice. Super Record and Lightweights.

Second up my Seven Diamas. Carbon fibre well done by the titanium experts. Record and Hyperons.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Photo taken when it was new. Been through some bar tape, tyres, pedals, 3 saddles and 3! seatposts since. Love it!

[/url][/img]

bob_summers

Back to back Pegos? Sure this isn’t Dentisttrackworld? 😉

edit: ok, too slow.

solarider
    Free Member

Green bar tape? Get some black on it!

Sven

‘Unusual’ in the sense that it’s a combination of carbon and 853 steel.
    Picture taken when bought new 3 years ago, but it’s actually a 2006 Jamis Eclipse.

BIGMAN
    Free Member

http://yfrog.com/h74b6ikrj:tw1

Next seasons race bike. Work in progress.

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Not sure how to get pic up from twitter if someone can help!!

djglover
    Free Member

Edit – love it, one of the best bikes I’ve owned. Up there with my Orange 224

Rorschach
    Free Member

Gimme a couple of weeks…..Waiting for Ultegra D12 to go on my ’12 Giant TCR Advanced Sl frame (just built my 50mm carbon tubs/Cx Ray/American classics this evening) 😀

theboatman
    Free Member

Only unusual in that most people wouldn’t have a nail like this for commuter and winter bike;

and my summer one;

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Crap photo, epic day out.

solarider
    Free Member

Pulls up a chair and coffee and waits for a ‘mountainbiker’ to complain about roadbikes on STW.

I take it we all also have fat tired bikes too? I know I do, along with a cyclocross bike. I just love riding bikes in general.

mboy
    Free Member

VERY run of the mill compared to some of the exotica on here, but hey, I’ve got nice mountain bikes and the road bike is just for occasional use! (speaking of which, it has pedals now and has actually had some use, photo was taken when brand new)

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I take it we all also have fat tired bikes too? I know I do, along with a cyclocross bike. I just love riding bikes in general.

Amen.

More of a cyclist than a MTBer,

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Crappy Pic, but you get the idea…

Summer Bike..

chakaping
    Free Member

I make no excuses for having a completely stock bike from Halfords – nor for using MTB clips or not bothering to take the reflectors off.

I also wear an MTB helmet with it, but at least not baggies. Flippin’ love it, when I can forsake the MTBs for it…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Heres part of mine. I enjoy road cycling but it plays second fiddle to my chosen hobby which is fox hunting

angryratio
    Free Member

Crap Picture.
    It’s the one i use on tarmac. Average about 100 miles a week.

tinribz
    Free Member

Still can’t bring myself to wear lycra either.

kimbers

100 miles a week
    into that london and back

djglover
    Free Member

solarider – very very nice rides – very jealous!

Lifer
    Free Member

Not gonna post a pic because it’s a bog standard Carrera, loving it though!

Had it a few weeks now and one thing bothering me is I can’t just cruise on it, just doesn’t feel ‘comfortable’ (for want of a better word) so I’m always hammering it, is there a way I can trick myself into bimbling? Get into work horribly sweaty (no showers) and knackered so not ideal!

epicyclo

Does this count?

Or this?

chris36860
    Free Member

Anybody fancy a Full Carbon Argon 18 Krypton?? She’s fitted with full Veloce and is in immaculate condition. Size large. I brought it to do the London to Paris charity ride on and now have no use for it. High spec. Just had service.

£1000.00 posted.
    Email in profile if interested.

Cheers

solarider
    Free Member

Lifer – Try to concentrate on spinning smooth and complete circles with the pedals, initially in a slightly bigger gear than you would normally ride. If you stop pumping the pedals and get in a zen-like state of spinning throughout the revolution, you will feel more relaxed on the bike.

Also, try relaxing your entire body starting from your fingers and working up your arms, through your shoulders and to your torso. Doing this at the same time as spinning should help you to cruise.

Sounds a bit hippy, but it is partly how the pros manage great distances by riding smooth.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

MM

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Solarider, you are living the dream, very classy bikes.

And a nice kitchen

Murr
    Free Member

couple of nice kitchens.

solarider
    Free Member

That’s not my kitchen. That’s my well appointed workshop. Unfortunately we have to cook in a small wooden building in the garden.

Lifer
    Free Member

Cheers Solarider will give that a go, am quite rigid on the bike at the moment and that all makes sense.

RealMan
    Free Member

Winter (and occasionally commuting).

Summer.

atlaz
    Free Member

Don’t have a pic of mine but I finally admitted to MTB friends that I actually ride the road bike in lycra. I really just like riding bikes so any excuse is a winner for me.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Show me your road bikes! done before but i'm sure there must be some new ones!!’ is closed to new replies.