• This topic has 37 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by wors.
Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Show me your Pace Hardtails Please!!
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

I am very almost nearly at the point of pressing the button on a Pace RC305, probably in silver.

Any inspirational pride and joys please chaps!

🙂

takisawa2

No, no, no…not silver.
    There is only one colour…

MORE

Sadly we’ve now parted ways but last summers brief & passionate affair will live on in my memory forever. 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

My Pike is silver. I think the combination might be rather fetching. That is lovely though. 🙂

takisawa2

Fair point.
    Will look nice.
    Not the comfiest of rides but 10/10 for grin factor.

Hadge
    Free Member

No – silver frame and black fork!!!

Sadly no longer with me and it’s a 303 but still a really nice bike. Such a blast on the downy bits and still nice and easy on the ups. The headset helps in that department as the front end isn’t that high.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Is that fork absolutely huge? The front end looks a lot higher than takisawa’s.

clubber
    Free Member

Sadly broken and I had to sell the warranty replacement because it was likely to happen again (Large was too small for me despite having the right top tube length). I did love it though 🙁

Hadge
    Free Member

No, they are Manitou Minute 4’s and had 100 to 140mm of travel. Frame size is medium

eddyesi
    Free Member

Everyone’s wrong, Pace frames should only ever be fitted with Pace forks (and a Hope headset), should be law!

Go for it, you wont regret it, mines a <27lb do anything bike, 19mm rims and muds for winter with forks wound down, 2.3’s and 22mm rims for summer and centres. Loves climbs, twisty technical singletrack and fast decents equally, and keeps up with most full sussers.

Heres mine

Speshpaul

Hi BD
    Here’s mine Large Silver

If you fancy it drop me a line, the frame is probably up for sale.

All the best
    Paul

paul.sal AT btinternet.com

stoney
    Free Member

Heres my 305 ss. Tis v.good on the downs…..Buy one and enjoy it!

clubber
    Free Member

Everyone’s wrong, Pace frames should only ever be fitted with Pace forks (and a Hope headset), should be law!

I’d love to have but Pace forks are just silly money for what they are and impossible to justify over RS IMO other than to look ‘right’ on a Pace frame…

eddyesi
    Free Member

Finally other people with the right forks

My XC40’s cost me £170, not silly money, and got a set of XC41’s for less, but prefered the coil feel, so selling em on 😉

clubber
    Free Member

Not new presumably though. FWIW, I did actually run a set of Pace forks on mine (borrowed from a mate) and decided in the end that I preferred the Revelations so despite the emotional pull to fit Pace, I took what was definitely the right decision for my riding and bank balance at least 🙂

Hadge
    Free Member

Pace forks are very light for the travel but I always felt they blew through their first part of the travel at an alarming rate – i.e diving and when I up’ed the pressures they were then too stiff. I’ve stuck with FOX forks as I (touch wood) have never had any issues with wear/leaks etc etc with them and love they way they work. I got the Minutes nearly new for under £200 I think and they worked really well with the Pace frame.
    As for the frame – great buy, so beefy yet so light. I’d recommend a “forgiving” seatpost, maybe even a suspension one or travel adjust one. Over long rides (4 hours) the bum does know it, at least mine did 😕

NotoriousP.I.D
    Free Member

Get a black one, if the silvers don’t match perfectly it will look gash.

DeeJay
    Free Member

nearly at the point of pressing the button on a Pace RC305

press – you won’t regret. 305 is supposed to be a bit more compliant at the rear than the 303.

click the pic for detail

toby1

Seems like a 50/50 split on people owningthese and having sold them on/kept the bike!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Thanks chaps, there’s some splendid machinery here. 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

And I got a black one. And some wheels. That was the most money I have spent in a single sitting for really quite a while. Feel a little bit shakey now. 😯 🙂

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

Anyone got a pic of a proper Pace HT with square tubes?

Speshpaul

No sorry I’ve only got pictures of improper square tubed paces

BigDummy
    Free Member

There’s an utterly gopping one on the aesthetic bikes thread. 😉

ssboggy

May be getting a 305 soon, what travel fors do people run? I know they recommend 5inch (130mm) but what do they ride like with longer/shorter travel?

clubber
    Free Member

Mine was pretty spot on perfect at 130. At 100mm it was brilliant fun but far too quick steering to ride for a long time without throwing yourself off. 115mm was a nice balance if you were riding twisty stuff.

Gooner
    Free Member

its the favourite of all my bikes and the one i ride the most – its coming to glentress with me tomorrow (so is my heckler tho!)

ChrisS
    Free Member

So why have so many of the people posting on this thread sold them?

takisawa2

Because the Wifes maternity pay had ran out & the advance months childcare bill dropped on the mat. All £923.48 of it.
    And faced with selling the Enduro or the Pace the former won.

Despite the bumpf, its still a big tubed alloy hardtail so it really needs a carbon post to take the sting out of 2hr plus rides. Pace claim it was built for UK trail centres, & I reckon they were pretty well on the money in that respect. For a sub 2 hour blast they are simply brilliant. For a lazy day trekking the hills…forget it.

They did have a fair old few warranty claims though, but mine took a fair old ragging from my 16st & lived to tell the tale. I was amazed how quick it could descend, easily as fast as my Enduro, albeit with some aching wrists at the bottom. The geometry is spot on & if I were speccing a custom frame I’d be paying very close attention to the geometry of a medium 303′.

clubber
    Free Member

I sold my warranty replacement because the original one broke due to 18.7″ (Large) being the largest size meaning that I ran a very long seatpost which in turn ended up breaking the frame. I expected exactly the same to happen to the replacement so sold it. If Pace did a 305 in XL then I’d still have one.

tomski
    Free Member

My old bike:

pace

Speshpaul

Mines Large silver 305 is for sale because i’m laid up with a broken leg, and i fancy treating myself to a new frame when i’m fit again.

130mm travel forks. That’s really what they are built around.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

tomski, that a pretty bike

HTTP404
    Free Member

fwiw

BigDummy
    Free Member

The-Beard

Looking at these bikes makes me wish I hadn’t sold my 303…

😥

takisawa2

Me too.

HTTP404
    Free Member

With the revelations at 130mm the handling feels pretty much spot on. Probably could go only a touch lower for singletrack work. Did an all-day ride on it over at Purbecks last week and felt fine. so 2hr plus rides no probs.

wors

is the top tube quite short?

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Pace Hardtails Please!!’ is closed to new replies.