Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Show me….. your Orange Alpine 160
  • SeanOrange
    Free Member

I’m on the precipice of putting an order in for one…..push me!! 😀

GRAEMEJONES

Here you go, Neon Orange.

edd

GRAEMEJONES – did you buy that from Lucy and Phil?

Plasma Blue:

GRAEMEJONES

Hi Edd, yes thats the one, thanks for the Guiding last year :-).I’ve had the Floats converted to Vanilla’s,and changed the bars and stem to Renthal ones, and thats it, but not going to be out there this year. 🙁

Megatron

plasma blue too 🙂
    but with quite warn tyres now.

IMG_2534 by Mike Clark, on Flickr

edd, (if I am right in thinking, it looks like the right bike!) are you guiding for Lucy and Phil again this summer??

doof_doof
    Free Member

Ed Chumly Bingly!

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Why did they change it from the Patriot? Going by the if it aint broke don’t fix it theory.

xiphon
    Free Member

So the suckers who get absorbed by the marketing BS spend more money! Simple!

GRAEMEJONES

Having actually ridden both in the Alps, I can say that the 160 is a far more accomplished bike for that terrain/riding, so all the R&D that Steve Wade does certainly is worth my money. 🙂

anto164
    Free Member

There’s mine.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member
    guitarhero
    Free Member

SeanOrange
    Free Member

Liking the blue frames, was thinking maybe powder blue for mine. Opinions?

edd

Nope, sadly I’m not guiding this summer. I’ve had to rejoin the real world. 🙁

Tomorrow I’m off to Canada for two weeks riding though, so it’s not all bad, and I’ll be back out in Switzerland for 8 days riding at the start of September. 🙂

michaelmcc
    Free Member

GRAEMEJONES – Member
    Having actually ridden both in the Alps, I can say that the 160 is a far more accomplished bike for that terrain/riding, so all the R&D that Steve Wade does certainly is worth my money.

Maybe so (Ive only ridden the Patriot), but the name doesn’t do it for me. I always wanted a Patriot 🙁 .

SeanOrange
    Free Member

Well I ordered the frame & finally built it up today.
    Built with a fair bit of stuff from STW classifieds. Currently got 185mm front & rear discs, just waiting for a 203 rotor to swap on the front. 1st ride tomorrow night, can’t wait.

What’s the verdict?

Cheers,
    Sean

rob-jackson
    Free Member

the brown saddle mings

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

+1 for minging brown saddle, handlebars are bit early 90’s too .. should get some black ones, silver all wrong! Loving the powder blue, pimpy white cables and blue gear thingy.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Show me….. your Orange Alpine 160’ is closed to new replies.