Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Show me your monster roadrats
  • honourablegeorge

Rebuilding mine for a mix of commuting and a bit of light offroad. What tyres can you fit? I know there were Bonty 1.75s offered by Cotic at one point – was thinking maybe a 42c CX tyre…

Clink

Not sure – rode mine with some 32 cx tyres and reversed marys and it flew! Did a couple of cx races on it.

honourablegeorge

Cool… looks like there’s room for more than a 35c in there.

Does the 35 in 35c mean 35mm?

muddyman
    Free Member

F**king ell clink “eno no” handlebars !! rare as hens teeth they are ! Are they as good as everyone says !? 😆

float
    Free Member

…are those forks the wrong way round? seems an odd place to have the caliper

edit: heh, apparently not.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Does the 35 in 35c mean 35mm?

Yes, it should do. Although there is still a little variation between makes/models of tyre so you might find that one 35mm tyre might be fractionally larger than another.

BadlyWiredDog

I built this for a laugh. It was horrible. Those were 1.75 Smart Sams I think. I’d stick with biggish cross tyres, 35s or something. The fork is utter gash off road as well. HTH

honourablegeorge

What tyres, BWD?

Edit… never mind, got it now.

BadlyWiredDog

I just edited it, 1.75 Smart Sams I think. They fitted but you might find you’re stuck with a single front ring as there wasn’t enough clearance for front mech from memory. I found it was significantly slower than run with cross tyres and not immensely more comfortable. It probably would have been decent on gravel roads, but this is the UK… It seemed like a good idea at the time, but in reality it was rubbish. A bit like people who drive those stupid, fat American saloons around Essex 😐

honourablegeorge

My offroad will consist of shit Irish roads, and riverside paths, so CX tyres will do the job, will run them tubeless as I can’t be doing with commuting punctures any more. I have a Soul, so the rat won’t see any “real” offroad, just want something I can abuse a little more than the 23c Contis I have right now.

Clink

F**king ell clink “eno no” handlebars !! rare as hens teeth they are ! Are they as good as everyone says !?

😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Show me your monster roadrats’ is closed to new replies.