Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Show me your liteville 301…. any out there in stw land?
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Tempted by one. Anyone got one? If so where did you get it?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Bump… still wondering if there are any about…?

andytherocketeer

Tempted. Priced one up. Not cheap.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mrblobby
    Free Member

At 2000 euros for the frame it doesn’t seem too bad compared to other boutique stuff from Santa Cruz or Nicolai for example. Was that priced up from somewhere in the UK?

andytherocketeer

One of the German Liteville dealers (forget which – prices are all the same, but some give a deal on bundled forks etc.), plus a rough estimate of components from 1 of the usual online stores.

http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showthread.php?t=402913

Lotsa pics there. Might need to reg. to see some of them.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Mmm nice, I wish I hadn’t seen some of those!

Wondering now if you can buy anything other than Schwalbe tyres in Germany?

andytherocketeer

Conti. Schwalbe on my Soul, Conti on the CX bike. Conti tubes on every bike I own.

Yeah – nice looking bikes, and interesting mechanical technology. Not so keen on black with white trim/components. If I’m paying 4 grand for a bike, I’m gonna pay the extra 200 for colour.

Toombsy
    Free Member

I fell for one of these last year but couldnt afford one. Posh Bikes in Maidstone were the importer at the time.

lhafty
    Free Member

This is my 3rd 301 and the actual mk8. Perfect trailbike. Still in it’s homeland. If I can help with any details please let me know.

This year I’m getting a soul trying to find out if british steel will work as good in the german mountains 🙂

z1ppy

They look lovely – some great examples on that thread – 100 pages!
    Little lost as to why anyone would buy anything but a black un’s, as they are fantastic.
    Can’t afford a new one, they don’t seem to come up often on fleabay, I know… I’ve a saved search.

Wiffle

Hey lhafty, I think you need to roll your grips backward by 90 deg; the little tongue on the outer end is designed to face down and forward… Seriously tempted by one of these; have been riding one (on loan) for a month and absolutely love it!!! I’m debating 160mm front and back or 140mm back 160mm front; any experience with these options? Or maybe even wait for the upcoming 601?

jools182
    Free Member

are there any UK dealers for these, or would you have to buy it in europe?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Been told that poshbikes are meant to be importing these. Nothing on their web site about them though.

lhafty, Maguras and Schwalbe, a very patriotic build 😉

jools182
    Free Member

hmm £1700 for a frame

they are nice though

Stoner
    Free Member

Im trying to visualise where those seat stays end up when the shock is compressed. WOuldnt want to get your meat and two veg trapped in what looks like it becomes a guillotine! 🙂

z1ppy

I’m sure if that happened (it does look a risk) that it wouldn’t win the manufacturer any friends or potential 2nd gen customers 😯

rexated
    Free Member

poshbikes do them. their website has been out of date for years…..

lhafty
    Free Member

Whiffle thanks for the hint. But that’s meant to be, I like them that way. Regarding travel, mine is a 140. The thors are for ‘race mode’. Most of the time it’s set up with a Lyrik solo air which is just perfect.. Even on the climbs I need no lowering.
    The patriotic built wasn’t a real intention, but in fact I like to source my bits from europe (or even have them designed there). Also Hope V2s have just outbid the former martas. 😉

Mbnut
    Free Member

Would love to get a look at one of these in the flesh, anyone in the SE UK got one….

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Show me your liteville 301…. any out there in stw land?’ is closed to new replies.