Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • Show me your kitchens ! Need some inspiration.
  • renton
    Free Member

We are looking to fit a new kitchen in our house but can’t decide on a style.

We were thinking of high gloss but a friend said they are a pain to keep clean.

Show us your kitchens so we can see what other designs are about. Can’t really go by the stuff in b+q and wickes etc under the shop lighting.

Cheers

Steve

binners

We took all our pointers off that delightful Kirst Alsopp on Channel 4. In her wonderful series she informed us how we should be upcycling to create a rustic Shabby Chic effect, while still maintaining modern functunality.

We’re frightfully happy with what Giles, our interior decorator achieved once we passsed on her instructions….

renton
    Free Member

Binners…… I bet that worktop is a right bugger to keep clean :mrgreen:

binners

On a serious note, I’m presently designing a brochure for a well known upmarket german kichen manufacturer with hints and tips on how to create your perfect kitchen. Would you like me to send you an advanced copy?

renton
    Free Member

Yes please.

Email is in profile.

Thanks.

Steve

ebygomm
    Free Member

Nothing fancy here, wood worktops and off white shaker style

nemesis
    Free Member

Er… could you send me it too, binners?

parkesie
    Free Member

Gloss white from ikea almost finished.

[/url]House renovations by chris, on Flickr}

iainc

we went with gloss white Ikea also (and same handles as above 🙂 ). It’s been in for a year and no issues keeping it clean

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Never had an issue with our gloss units, though they are glass fronted, rather than acryllic.

The Silestone tiops have been a bit of a pain to keep looking tidy though – water marks etc.

razorrazoo

B&Q Cook & Lewis framed shaker (handles sourced separately), oak surfaces (couldn’t afford granite/marble/concrete).

Utility area (to the right of the first pic).

footflaps

Units from Magnet (15 yrs ago), Beech floor and worktops.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/9LXEGC]Kitchen[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

br
    Free Member

razorrazoo – is that really your kitchen, and not just a pic from a mag?

If so, cleaning frenzy!

cinnamon_girl

Do you folks actually ride bikes? Complete absence of wheels, tyres and inner tubes let alone a bike!

Too bloomin’ tidy for sure. 😀

binners

I’m just putting the finishing touches to the brochure. I shall email it through when its done. It does have some genuinelly helpful advice.

Anyone else want one?

renton
    Free Member

Razarrazoo that is one nice kitchen mate.

parkesie
    Free Member

I just built enormous garage for my bikes. Bigger than the kitchen 🙂

donncha

I’d like one Binners!
    Thanks,
    D.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I just though i would add this as a “how not to do a kitchen” and “what happens when you let BNQ kitchen designer cram as much units in as possible to maximise profit…….” and “cheap kitchen poorly fitted by blind pew and stevie wonder falls apart”

I hate this kitchen – always have … (its a photo from the house sale brochure when i bought it) it goes to the tip next year when i build the rear extension.

razorrazoo

b r – Member

razorrazoo – is that really your kitchen, and not just a pic from a mag?

If so, cleaning frenzy!

Yes and yes!!

Mrs R is a (now freelance) stylist and homes writer, so naturally sold our own kitchen as a shoot when we did it a couple of years ago.

We have 2 kids so it is usually buried under piles of mess. Plus it’s styled for the shoot so superfluous everyday items have been moved and replaced for the pics.

Some more from the shoot.

Plus what it looks like when she’s out for the evening. 😀

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Mine.
    Was built from sheets of 18mm mdf and painted.

razorrazoo

renton – Member

Razarrazoo that is one nice kitchen mate.

And thanks, didn’t cost too much either (aside from the extension to put it in – still paying for that).

footflaps

Was built from sheets of 18mm mdf and painted.

Very impressive, you’d never guess that Stainless Steel effect fridge, hob and oven were just painted MDF!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Very impressive, you’d never guess that Stainless Steel effect fridge, hob and oven were just painted MDF!

Yeah, it’s amazing what you can do with a router and some humbrol enamel.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

[video]http://youtu.be/K6R9fY8lfGo[/video]

br
    Free Member

Yes and yes!!

Mrs R is a (now freelance) stylist and homes writer, so naturally sold our own kitchen as a shoot when we did it a couple of years ago.

I reckon that ours could be ok for a photoshoot in “Half-dismantled kitchens”…

razorrazoo

I reckon that ours could be ok for a photoshoot in “Half-dismantled kitchens”…

If that was located in Shoreditch I have no doubt it could be passed as a hipster’s flat.

Tracey

Ours came from Riverside in Penistone. Been fitted five years and still looks like new. Really felt for the guys who brought the granite worktops to find out the sink hole had been cut out in the wrong direction.

Spent most of the summer using the barbeque, microwave and the garden wall

dooosuk
    Free Member

br beat me to it….mine last weekend and present:

Long way to go yet 🙁

cb

Binners – yes please to the brochure!

Thanks

mark90
    Free Member

br and doosuck, thanks for the pics, going to show my missus and hope it puts her off wanting a new kitchen 🙂

MountainMutant
    Free Member

razorrazoo

I’m presuming your wife is Astrid?

Phil says hello (Ex Ideal Home/Your Home/House Beautiful/Style at Home Art Director)

My wife is also a stylist yet my kitchen is a tip!

MM

razorrazoo

MountainMutant – Member

razorrazoo

I’m presuming your wife is Astrid?

Phil says hello (Ex Ideal Home/Your Home/House Beautiful/Style at Home Art Director)

My wife is also a stylist yet my kitchen is a tip!

MM

Haha, yes. Seem to remember a Phil. Small world. 🙂

And most of the rest of the house is still a tip / work in progress.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Ha ha it is!

I do all my bike maintenance in the kitchen since MrsMM took over MY garage with her ‘props’. That’ll teach her.

BillMC

I got boxes from Howdens and then got a carpenter to build the doors and the oak work surface and then F and B French Grey the woodwork. Handles came from Hafely. The overall cost was no greater than a cheapy one off the shelf.

jad
    Free Member

From Wren and fitted by myself. These photos are when it was almost complete.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/tYKwZw]untitled shoot-004-2[/url] by Alanach, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/tYVGen]untitled shoot-008[/url] by Alanach, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/uVM6f2]untitled shoot-013[/url] by Alanach, on Flickr

ononeorange

Razorrazoo – those big hanging lamps are what we have been looking for – where did you get ’em, please?

Alphabet

Could I also have a copy please Binners. We’re just in the process of designing our new kitchen. Thanks.

Andy

Yes please as well Binners. Have been Putting off thinking hard about doing mine and can’t really leave it any longer

fooman

Don’t be put off by gloss our gloss doors don’t seem to mark too badly. Anything stainless seems terrible though… Wickes cheap cabinets, but look expensive surrounded by hardwood & an Italian tile spashback. All my own work.

Go through the brochures and lift ideas that you like from there. You can use cheaper stuff to good effect most places but don’t skimp on the worktops.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Show me your kitchens ! Need some inspiration.’ is closed to new replies.